Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some b&w practice street shots
Lens: 18-135 WR Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Auckland, New Zealand 
Posted By: Mr008, 10-18-2012, 04:56 AM

These are some shots I took today; I decided to give b&w an attempt. These shots were kind of practice shots as I was trying a few things I read about street photography briefly. Tell me if you like any of them, and if you do, which one in particular. I don't think any of them are amazing, but it was fun practising aiming the camera at strangers and I am happy with my first panning attempt with the cyclist!

I did miss focus with the woman in red unfortunately but it's not as out of focus as it could have been so manageable to my taste! Let me know what you think .

I couldn't take another photo because I felt rude when the woman saw me. What originally struck me with her was the fact she was sitting outside the art gallery, in quite an isolated area, and she seemed very proud and well groomed, a real lady I thought. Her red coat against the grey background and the fact she was so well dressed really stood out. She sat there and stared seriously across the foyer and I snapped this shot as she arranged her collar. Could have been a better photo, I know, but a photo is better than no photo!

Last edited by Mr008; 10-18-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Views: 924
10-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fine captures of everyday folks just as they are.... the selective color is an interesting twist... good work here, dave m
10-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
fine captures of everyday folks just as they are.... the selective color is an interesting twist... good work here, dave m
Thank you Dave! I think you labelled the pictures perfectly. I appreciate your comment, as always .
10-19-2012, 05:27 AM   #4

I like them, and my favorite is the woman in the wheel chair. The use of color is riviting against the B&W background. Over on the extreme right, there is some red. Not sure what that is, but I think it could be distracting.

10-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chicagojohn Quote
I like them, and my favorite is the woman in the wheel chair. The use of color is riviting against the B&W background. Over on the extreme right, there is some red. Not sure what that is, but I think it could be distracting.
Thanks for sharing your opinion! Yes, that's a sofa inside the gallery and I agree with you, it can be distracting, I will modify the image on my computer and try and upload the updated version. Thank you for the feedback!