Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tatchun Lake part 1
Lens: 16-45 and 55-300 Camera: K 5 - K20 Photo Location: Yukon, Canada 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM

We spent 5 days here with absolutely nothing to do but relax, was very nice.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 924
10-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks very peaceful and relaxing Heinrich. The countryside is so rugged and beautiful. I really like the last photo of the people fishing. thanks for sharing! I look forward to more Alaska
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I can see myself there with a red solo cup in hand Heinrich.-charliezap
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Enjoyed the last photo of people fishing. It truly captures the serenity of the place. What do you think about cropping the sides a little to focus the eyes toward the people? How was the fishing?

10-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very good stuff Heinrich, that relaxing sounds great!
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Now that's my idea of rest and relaxation. Beautiful shots of a beautiful area - can you tell I like forests?
10-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You sure got a great site there Heinrich and all the necessities set up outside. Is that a generator outside you take with you, that would sure come in handy? Great shots of a beautiful area of the Yukon.

10-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
It looks very peaceful and relaxing Heinrich. The countryside is so rugged and beautiful. I really like the last photo of the people fishing. thanks for sharing! I look forward to more Alaska
Hi Tess and thank you and it is beautiful country. The only Alaska pictures were the ones from Skagway that I posted a while ago, all the rest is from the Yukon and Northern B.C.

Take care

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I can see myself there with a red solo cup in hand Heinrich.-charliezap
Thank you Charlie and I'll join you, been there and done that.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by jnguyen Quote
Enjoyed the last photo of people fishing. It truly captures the serenity of the place. What do you think about cropping the sides a little to focus the eyes toward the people? How was the fishing?
Thank you for the kind comments, might give the cropping a try. Fishing from shore is reasonable, enough to keep the frying pan going. The Lake holds whitefish and trophy sized Pike. We used to live up there and fished this lake by boat for many years, was a lot of fun.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Very good stuff Heinrich, that relaxing sounds great!
Thank you Tom, there is relaxing and than there is relaxing.....

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Now that's my idea of rest and relaxation. Beautiful shots of a beautiful area - can you tell I like forests?
Hi Stan, thank you and I Could spend the whole Spring, Summer and Fall there, no problem at all.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
You sure got a great site there Heinrich and all the necessities set up outside. Is that a generator outside you take with you, that would sure come in handy? Great shots of a beautiful area of the Yukon.
Hi Bob and thank you. It's a small campground, 20 sites, no services, pump water and firewood free. Daily fee is $ 12.00 Nearest dump station is 30 km away. We carry a small Honda 1000 watt generator to charge trailer, camera and laptop batteries.

Take care,
10-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Beautiful scenery Heinrich. We stayed in a few campgounds like that one on our trip last year. Great escapes. How I would love to be sitting there next to a fire right now. Is that a new trailer? Seems like you had a truck camper before.
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Beautiful scenery Heinrich. We stayed in a few campgounds like that one on our trip last year. Great escapes. How I would love to be sitting there next to a fire right now. Is that a new trailer? Seems like you had a truck camper before.
Thank you Susan, we had the fire going all day and spent many an hour just sitting there. The trailer is the same as last year, we did not have a Truck camper but a few years ago we did have an R-Pod that we had to get rid of on account of bad water leaks.

Take care,
10-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #11
Veteran Member

That just shows the young in heart Heinrich yours is forever young in spirit TFS

cheers
10-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
That just shows the young in heart Heinrich yours is forever young in spirit TFS

cheers
Thank you Ivan, it's appreciated and do take care.
10-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Beautiful pix. Reminds me of our days trailering. Maybe my wife and I should get back into RVing.
10-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you, we sold our fifth wheel in 2003, we thought that we were done with it. In 2009 we bought a travel trailer.