Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Iceland Finale
Camera: Pentax K-5 
Posted By: GeoJerry, 10-24-2012, 10:57 PM

The last of my Iceland pictures*
Hopefully I haven't posted any of these before....

Landmannalaugar color.

Seljalandsfoss.

The chapel of Budir.

Thingvellir

Location Unknown.

Snaefellessness Peninsula

Village life.

And finally.... suburban Reykjavik (taken from the top of the tallest building in the city).

* unless I decide otherwise.

Last edited by GeoJerry; 10-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Views: 986
10-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are some awesome pictures, love that second one, no I love them all. Thanks for posting them
10-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jerry, I really enjoyed following your travels, such beautiful country which you captured so well for us. I bet you almost felt privileged to see such beauty, great landscapes for sure.
10-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Thanks Jerry, they are very nice. I think the waterfall is a repeat, but it is the one I like best so it is good to see it again.

10-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Chapel of Budir is my favorite of the series. The lighting is excellent. There is one missing but no one else seems to be having trouble so it has to be something with my system. Sad to see the end of your photos from Iceland. I have enjoyed them all so much. Where are we going to go next?
10-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
These are some awesome pictures, love that second one, no I love them all. Thanks for posting them
Thanks Heinrich!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Jerry, I really enjoyed following your travels, such beautiful country which you captured so well for us. I bet you almost felt privileged to see such beauty, great landscapes for sure.
Thanks Bob. Yes I feel lucky to have visited Iceland, as it took a tremendous logistical effort to pull it off. For a while there I had given up on it.

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Thanks Jerry, they are very nice. I think the waterfall is a repeat, but it is the one I like best so it is good to see it again.
Thanks AuusieTrev. The waterfall may be a repeat, but I think this is actually a slightly different angle and PP approach.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Chapel of Budir is my favorite of the series. The lighting is excellent. There is one missing but no one else seems to be having trouble so it has to be something with my system. Sad to see the end of your photos from Iceland. I have enjoyed them all so much. Where are we going to go next?
Thanks Susan! I'm sorry to see them go too (I may slip in one or more if I get a new PP idea, like this morning with the ducks).
Next up, more Yosemite and Bodie!
10-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Me again

Another set of wonderful images. I like many of them but will restrict my comments to two. The waterfall, very powerful image for me, love it!
Suburban Reykjavik really draws me in. It is mesmerizing!

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
* unless I decide otherwise.
Well if ya know whats good for you!
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Me again

Another set of wonderful images. I like many of them but will restrict my comments to two. The waterfall, very powerful image for me, love it!
Suburban Reykjavik really draws me in. It is mesmerizing!

Well if ya know whats good for you!
Thanks riff! When I posted this I thought, enough Iceland, I want to go onto my Yosemite and Bodie shots now. But every time I look into that Iceland folder I see another picture that could stand some more work, so I'm guessing a few more might pop up from time to time (like that shot of the ducks :-)).

10-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Gorgeous! I want to go but I won't kid myself that my pictures would be that good. But it would be fun to try.
10-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An absolutely wonderful series on a part of the world few of us would be lucky enough to visit. Thank you
10-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ugh, my TOA (travelling overseas addiction) is kicking in.

Ridiculously gorgeous captures Jerry!
10-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Finale -- oh no! It's been great following your posts with all the fabulous shots from Iceland. I never really considered going there before but your photos have planted the seed for future holiday considerations.
10-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
sealonsf, Bruce, Jeff, fotogaffer, thanks very much! It's been a lot of work (fun though) to go through these pictures and I appreciate your comments.
I suspect actually that there will be more. It seems as if every time I dive into a set of pictures, I find another I haven't really looked at that I like.
10-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #14

Wonderful set; each image is unique and deserving of analysis.
The only thing I do not like about the series is the use of the word "Finale" in the title; I am hoping to see something like "Iceland Encore" soon
10-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I hope you do decide otherwise Jerry, as I can't express strongly enough how much I have enjoyed your Iceland series. The grass houses are stunning, the waterfall in the second is so unique, the landscapes are incredible. Wonderful series.