Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Whitehorse, Yukon
Lens: 18-135 Camera: K 5 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 10-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Here are just a few snapshots from around Whitehorse

On the left is the S.S. Klondike, it's a National Historic Site

Yukon River

Whitehorse International Airport

Commenrts are always welcome and appreciated.

Last edited by Heinrich Lohmann; 10-26-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Views: 806
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
How can I fix the spelling in Whitehorse in the title??
10-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to Adam, you have 24 hours to change the title. After that, you have to contact a moderator. HTH.

Love your photos Heinrich. Some really awesome scenery!
10-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
How can I fix the spelling in Whitehorse in the title??
Get updated spellchecker? (Sorry, couldn't resist.) However, as usual, I did enjoy your pictures. Noticed you updated your avatar, and you look very distinguished.

10-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

very nice tour of the town Heinrich, quite a beautiful area. No Waiting at an international airport, never seen that before. Of course I guess just about any flight would be an international flight out of there.
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
According to Adam, you have 24 hours to change the title. After that, you have to contact a moderator.HTH

Thank You, got it figured out

Love your photos Heinrich. Some really awesome scenery!
Thank you for the kind comments and do take care.

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Get updated spellchecker? (Sorry, couldn't resist.) However, as usual, I did enjoy your pictures. Noticed you updated your avatar, and you look very distinguished.
Spellchecker is no good if one doesn't use it. Glad that you liked the pictures, as for the avatar that is just the age showing through.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
very nice tour of the town Heinrich, quite a beautiful area. No Waiting at an international airport, never seen that before. Of course I guess just about any flight would be an international flight out of there.
Thank you Bob, it is a beautiful area. There are only five or six flights a day out of there, Air Canada flies to Vancouver and Calgary and I believe so does West Jet and Air North. During the short Summer Month there is a direct flight from Frankfurt, Germany a few times a week operated by Condor. There are a number of RV rental places in town on account of that.

Take care
10-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Good to see your travels here on the forum,to see such beautiful countryside makes me want to see it for myself,although I will have to plan for warmer months,TFS Heinrich as always

cheers
10-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing these Heinrich. It is always interesting to see towns like Whitehorse. A friend of mine hitchhiked her way to Whitehorse from Ontario in the early 80s, she met a guy on the road, they squatted on some land near a stream in the mountains, build a gorgeous octagon cabin, lived for 20 years raising two children off the grid. I used to hear from her every ten years. I am due a phone call.

Great photos

10-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Ah Whitehorse, we were taken to the cleaners there by an RV repair shot. Our wallets will not soon forget. Enjoyed the photos Heinrich as always. You do take some wonderful shots.
10-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Good to see your travels here on the forum,to see such beautiful countryside makes me want to see it for myself,although I will have to plan for warmer months,TFS Heinrich as always

cheers
Thank you for the kind words Ivan, June to August is a good time.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks for sharing these Heinrich. It is always interesting to see towns like Whitehorse. A friend of mine hitchhiked her way to Whitehorse from Ontario in the early 80s, she met a guy on the road, they squatted on some land near a stream in the mountains, build a gorgeous octagon cabin, lived for 20 years raising two children off the grid. I used to hear from her every ten years. I am due a phone call.

Great photos
Thank you Tess, it is a very interesting place. We moved there in 1982 and stayed for 16 years, moved to Alberta a year after retirement, if it would not have been for family we'd still be up there.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Ah Whitehorse, we were taken to the cleaners there by an RV repair shot. Our wallets will not soon forget. Enjoyed the photos Heinrich as always. You do take some wonderful shots.
Susan, thank you and sorry to hear about your RV repair disaster. Philmar or Fireweed?

Take care,