Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Macro Teleconverter!
Lens: Vivitar 2x Macro Teleconvert & M 50mm f/1.4 Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Mission, B.C. 
Posted By: Stoogie, 10-30-2012, 11:59 AM

I recently bought a Vivitar 2x Macro Teleconverter from eBay, and it's finally arrived! Unfortunately, every day I've had it so far has been a typical October day for the lower mainland in BC (cloudy, dark, and rainy) so I've not yet had a chance to really test it out, but I'm liking it so far.
I'm really liking the increased working distance the teleconverter offers over extension tubes. I can acually make use of the pop-up flash!

Eye

Fruit Fly

Views: 848
10-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's Looking at You Kid, great macros that are spot on. Have fun with that and post some more results. thanks Bob
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eye like these! Can you post a macro, uh, I mean a close up of the macro TC?
10-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Sure thing, here it is.

10-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great macros. I may have to check ebay for one of those. I had one back in the day, but don't know where it is now.
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments everyone I was excited about getting this teleconverter, based mostly on the reviews of it that I've read, but the more I use it the more I like it. Extension tubes are great, but the increased working distance granted by the teleconverter is amazing, and the IQ isn't bad at all, at least when you're using a good lens. I've tried it out with my sigma 70-300, but I'm waiting for a nice sunny day before I render a final verdict on the combination. I'll be keeping an eye out for a good cheap 28mm prime to test it out with, but in the meantime I'm planning on combining it with my extension tubes. Unfortunately, the combination blocks the pop up flash on my camera, so I'll have to wait for a sunny day to test it.
10-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

These are incredible to view. The eye is freaky and cool at the same time. And, I had no idea a fruit fly looks like that... to my eyes they are just tiny black dots hovering over the fruit bowl! Great shooting... I can't wait to see more.