Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

First Anniversary
Posted By: bluespearbone, 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM

This month sees the first year of my K100D possesion complete - only wish I had taken more shots.
Amongst the pleasures of ownership, is the find of this forum, which has obviously helped me a lot.
Intend to post some of shots here, from that first year, where advice and C+C will be most welcome.
Don't worry about being harsh - am very much enjoying the (never-ending) learning curve.

Was scheduled for a trip to Venice, the K100D arrived a few days before so I rushed out to buy a camera bag and tripod. My first lesson of mistake - cheap bag with tripod included (a flimsy-rickety thing). Soon realised I also needed a shutter release...

So, the first post, taken in the evening of the camera's first outing on the night of a scheduled lunar eclipse. Unfortunately for this idiot, the temptation and gluttony of the fine foods and wine put to rest the notion of returning at the correct time.

Have done some PP on this shot - wb, perspective transform and cloned out a bit of flare near the bell-tower. Set the kit lens to 21mm (with permanent Hoya UV 0.75 attached), camera was on full auto-pilot mode, where it chose ISO 800: 6sec @ f9.5.

Evening fall at Piazza San Marco
Attachment 8318

Last edited by bluespearbone; 03-12-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Views: 3,372
02-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I really like the Venice early evening shot at the top and ive never seen a picture of Miles Davis looking so good

02-22-2008, 06:22 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I might suggest you break this up. People probably don't realize you're adding pics to the thread and don't bother looking. Delete the last bunch of picture posts to the thread and creat a new thread with no more than 5 images. That might work.

BTW some nice shots added to the thread.
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
The first one, is quite nice. Not much else to say on that one.

The second one is quite lovely, and I don't find the tilt distracting at all. I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to take it in the first place.

I'll agree with Peter on the third shot. It's quite lovely as it is, but I think losing the bird could really make it pop.

I'm not much for PP, so I can't help you out on Watercolours, but it does seem to me that there might be a little something missing from it.

Due home is another lovely shot. Hope there's enough of it there for a nice print. Altough, the horizon looks a touch off to me...

Scullers' Rest I love, though it seems a touch on the dark side?

I think you're right on Morning Stroll. It would benefit from being in black and white. I don't find the lamp posts to be distracting at all, they just add another layer to the repetition.
02-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for your time and advice. Very much appreciated.

Earlier today, took Peter's suggestion and deleted my latter posts from this thread. A new thread, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/21339-first-anniversary-part-2-a.html, has been started this evening with the images no longer in the thread (i.e those post 'Morning Stroll').

Please don't think for one moment that your suggestions to this beginner go nowhere. Be assured that the advice has been adopted and will, should any of you wish to see, post a thread with my attempts to follow-through.

Pooky, many thanks for taking the time to appraise each one of the remaining (earlier) posts.

To all assisting with the learning curve, my thanks again.