Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Wind Moving Electrons
Lens: Tamron Adaptall 2's Camera: K-5 Photo Location: N. California 
Posted By: WillH, 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM

These are the last of the photos I have to share!

If you look to the left side of this photo we can just make out some white vertical objects. BTW, the mountain in this view is Mt. Lassen an active volcano that erupted last in 1915. That eruption blew a thousand feet off the top of the volcano.



Here's that area Zoomed in a little!



Here's better view taken earlier in the day on our way to Mt. Shasta.

IMGP4845 by
WillH32011, on Flickr

This is as close as I could get to one without breaking someone's law! Rather impressive!



Thought I would add a photo of the area without the aid of a Telephoto lens! Those telephotos lenses do a lot or work! BTW, the smoke is from slash burring not a forest fire.



Last edited by WillH; 11-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Views: 1,203
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,913






I took these photos the other day... I should have used a tripod but I free handed it with a Tamron 70-200.

These were shot in West Texas.
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,246
You've done well with these shots considering they were hand held.
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
I took these photos the other day... I should have used a tripod but I free handed it with a Tamron 70-200.

These were shot in West Texas.
Wow! Very nice indeed! Makes my poor ole windmill shots look dull! That sunset is spectacular! Nice job!

11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,407
Really like the fifth shot Will. Nice contrast and colors. That area really looks beautiful.
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,913
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
You've done well with these shots considering they were hand held.

Thank you. They were taken by pulling over on the side of the road, hanging my lens out the passengers side window and snapping away.
11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,913
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Wow! Very nice indeed! Makes my poor ole windmill shots look dull! That sunset is spectacular! Nice job!
That would be a sunrise I hate waking up at 5am though.

West Texas is full of wind farms. Looks like a forest of windmills. These were in the middle of giant cotton fields.

At night it looks like a huge set of blinking christmas lights.
11-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Really like the fifth shot Will. Nice contrast and colors. That area really looks beautiful.
And that's the way it looked. No PP. Psssst.......don't tell Rupert, but I used my X10 for that photo!

Here's another shot of the windmills!





Last edited by WillH; 11-04-2012 at 10:47 AM.
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
That would be a sunrise I hate waking up at 5am though.

West Texas is full of wind farms. Looks like a forest of windmills. These were in the middle of giant cotton fields.

At night it looks like a huge set of blinking christmas lights.
Oops! Me bad!

I didn't know those were your color channel processing experiment! Read your thread on color channel processing and saw your windmill pictures. Pretty difficult to tell dawn from dusk.....if you know what I mean? Interesting color processing. Afraid mine are pretty much solely what the scene had to offer. Still haven't gotten into much post processing
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Forum Member
DWitte's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of KCMO
Photos: Albums
Posts: 84
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
These are the last of the photos I have to share!

If you look to the left side of this photo we can just make out some white vertical objects. BTW, the mountain in this view is Mt. Lassen an active volcano that erupted last in 1915. That eruption blew a thousand feet off the top of the volcano.



Here's that area Zoomed in a little!



Here's better view taken earlier in the day on our way to Mt. Shasta.

IMGP4845 by
WillH32011, on Flickr

This is as close as I could get to one without breaking someone's law! Rather impressive!



Thought I would add a photo of the area without the aid of a Telephoto lens! Those telephotos lenses do a lot or work! BTW, the smoke is from slash burring not a forest fire.

All beautiful but IMHO the 5th one is the best
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Forum Member
DWitte's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of KCMO
Photos: Albums
Posts: 84
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote





I took these photos the other day... I should have used a tripod but I free handed it with a Tamron 70-200.

These were shot in West Texas.

Impressive handheld shots!
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,913
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Oops! Me bad!

I didn't know those were your color channel processing experiment! Read your thread on color channel processing and saw your windmill pictures. Pretty difficult to tell dawn from dusk.....if you know what I mean? Interesting color processing. Afraid mine are pretty much solely what the scene had to offer. Still haven't gotten into much post processing
I didn't do much on them I can tell you that much. This is only my second try at it at all. The pictures are pretty close to 'as is'...with of course some minor tweaking.
11-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DWitte Quote
All beautiful but IMHO the 5th one is the best
I was sorta trying to show an observational progression! Was interesting, to me anyway, seeing the windmills 50 miles away from Mt. Shasta having just traveled by them earlier in the morning. Appreciate your critique and glad you enjoyed the pictures!
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
great shots up there Will, you need some more moisture to dampen that land.
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,118
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
great shots up there Will, you need some more moisture to dampen that land.
Tis true Bob! This weekend they're predicting a rather intense storm! I take it!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
btw, camera, flickr, mt, photo, view, volcano
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P30 Wind Lever Doesn't Wind Complete Cycle - Any ideas? pengam Pentax Film SLR Discussion 14 08-31-2015 06:08 AM
Landscape Wind Turbines ruggiex Photo Critique 7 04-11-2012 06:04 AM
moving image Nesster General Talk 4 08-27-2011 01:42 PM
Nature Wind Shear Bob Harris Post Your Photos! 14 04-24-2011 10:38 PM
Misc No wind Kammerer Post Your Photos! 4 03-04-2011 11:43 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top