Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tallulah Falls, NC
Camera: K-5 Photo Location: North Carolina 
Posted By: slowpez, 11-04-2012, 08:21 AM

We managed to get away for 4 days this past week after a long dry spell of staying home. Not much color on the trees but lots in the water reflections. I really had a horrible time trying to straighten these images. The falls themselves seem to be on a slant.

Last edited by slowpez; 11-19-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Views: 707
11-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are cool, Susan. The reflections make the scenes appear to be from another world. Creative stuff.

Jer
11-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting how the water is golden before going over the falls, must be the sun reflection picking up the color. Hard to straighten these, the topography is naturally sloped it appears, the trees are straight, so that is the way it is. I also like the on golden pond.
11-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The golden sheen enhances the pictures nicely Susan.--charliezap

11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Very nice, Tess wants to know what lens you used? (She was looking over my shoulder.)
11-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice compositions here and the colors are icing on the cake. As far as leveling the images goes I think that the perspective is causing the 'lean' as the trees are vertical. It may be just that the right side of the falls is a little closer to the lens and the angle of the comp makes it appear to lean. Tough to tell sometimes.
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow, you got a great glow here. Great job!

11-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are cool, Susan. The reflections make the scenes appear to be from another world. Creative stuff.
Jer
Thanks Jer. We got lucky as the sun was evidently just right the day these were taken. Not as much golden glow on the other days even though we went back at the same time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Interesting how the water is golden before going over the falls, must be the sun reflection picking up the color. Hard to straighten these, the topography is naturally sloped it appears, the trees are straight, so that is the way it is. I also like the on golden pond.
Thanks Bob. There were a group of trees running up the canyon above the falls and that was what was being reflected.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
The golden sheen enhances the pictures nicely Susan.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Very nice, Tess wants to know what lens you used? (She was looking over my shoulder.)
Thanks Norm. Tell Tess the first one was taken with her beloved Tammy 90mm. The others with the 16-45mm. Don't know why the EXIF info doesn't always come through but I have given up on trying to figure out why.

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Very nice compositions here and the colors are icing on the cake. As far as leveling the images goes I think that the perspective is causing the 'lean' as the trees are vertical. It may be just that the right side of the falls is a little closer to the lens and the angle of the comp makes it appear to lean. Tough to tell sometimes.
Thanks wtlwdwgn. Appreciate it. No chance to get down on the same level with the falls. The property is owned by Duke Power and they strictly enforce access. You are allowed to hike the canyon with a permit (we have done it twice) but you don't get anywhere near this set of falls. I think along with my usual camera lean I was dealing with taking the photo from above eye level too.

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Wow, you got a great glow here. Great job!
Thanks so much GeoJerry. I appreciate you having a look. It sure isn't Iceland though.
11-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Susan these are beautiful. I love the reflective colours... very special.
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Susan these are beautiful. I love the reflective colours... very special.
Thanks Tess.
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lovely reflections. I could stare at those colors forever.
11-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
Lovely reflections. I could stare at those colors forever.
Thanks for the kind comment Dice.