Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Painted Photos
Posted By: LaRee, 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM

Just felt like sharing a couple photos I've played with. I don't even remember how I pp the first two. I know they are not to many folks taste, as they do look a bit cartoonish, but I like them.



This last one I took last weekend on a rainy cold day and pp with Lightroom.

Views: 1,315
02-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gresham, Oregon USA
Posts: 1,218
Oh, I love the first shot! Wonderful post-processing with a well-composed image. The other 2 don't grab me like the first. I'd like to see these techniques with other shots... keep on playing with this (if you can remember how you did it!)
02-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
This style gave the shots a new look. Very new age in some ways. Cool stuff.

Would love to paint them like the way you did.
02-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member
spyglass's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 753
The first shot works for me. From the thread title I expected to see brush strokes, canvas texture, etc. #1 is more techno colour. I do like it. Very charged.

02-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
I like the trains Laree - as others mentioned a painting like quality. It is like a piece of history captured well done.
02-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member
dantuyhoa's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,245
Very cool stuffs ! First one is great !
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member
mtnbearhug's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Emmett, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,351
I like them!!

I like them LaRee!!! nice job...

They are very colorful... The only thing is I personally would like the colors to be more bold and bright...

Not sure if that is a contrast or a brightness thing or both though..

Thansk for sharin.. They are pretty cool!!

Kim
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 983
Hi Laree, I like the first one the best the blue in the sky is great. The second one is nice but I think the lines above the train bother me. The third one is nice to. But the first one is great to me.

Jim

02-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
The first shot works for me. From the thread title I expected to see brush strokes, canvas texture, etc. #1 is more techno colour. I do like it. Very charged.
You are right, they aren't *really* painted photos. I do like to try my hand at painting too. I must say that I find the controls in Lightroom to be pretty good and fun for this type of thing.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I like the trains Laree - as others mentioned a painting like quality. It is like a piece of history captured well done.
I took the train images with the 10-17 last February. I've been looking for a way to tweak them all this time and I think I've found it. Thanks Dean.

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Very cool stuffs ! First one is great !
Must be that blue sky with the leading clouds? Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
I like them LaRee!!! nice job...

They are very colorful... The only thing is I personally would like the colors to be more bold and bright...

Not sure if that is a contrast or a brightness thing or both though..

Thansk for sharin.. They are pretty cool!!

Kim
Brighter eh? Hmmm....
Thank you all for looking and commenting. I may post a link here when I get the other's post processed and uploaded. Who knows when that will be though. I have this habit of shooting too much and jumping all around in my post processing of what I shoot. I have shots from Feb. of last year that I still haven't really explored. Part of that is I have folks waiting for some of the shooting I'm doing. Kids school stuff etc, kids sports etc. I'm trying to get better at being more linear and organized in my efforts. I must have ADD or something. I get browsing and distracted in my own photo files.
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This style gave the shots a new look. Very new age in some ways. Cool stuff.

Would love to paint them like the way you did.
Thank you kindly James. Do you use Lightroom? I just started playing with the sliders to the extreme, back off, and forth until I get what pleases me. It is good fun and nice and easy the way I like it.

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
Oh, I love the first shot! Wonderful post-processing with a well-composed image. The other 2 don't grab me like the first. I'd like to see these techniques with other shots... keep on playing with this (if you can remember how you did it!)
Thanks Hamid. The first one is pretty colorful and the lines along with the sky pull me in too. I really like the last shot I posted here too. But it did lose something in the translation/resize to web for sure.
02-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
Hi Laree, I like the first one the best the blue in the sky is great. The second one is nice but I think the lines above the train bother me. The third one is nice to. But the first one is great to me.

Jim
Thank you kindly Jim. I appreciate your comments and input!
02-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
Last night I was going through my library to find a shot and ran across a few more *painted* photos and I uploaded them to share here. I find that as I'm processing shots to take a break I'll process on in a different way to keep me from becoming bored.






So, what do you think?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, photos, pp
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Painted Sky beer_nuts Post Your Photos! 5 09-21-2010 04:24 PM
Nature Painted Bunting Too! Driver3 Post Your Photos! 8 12-15-2009 05:51 PM
Nature Painted bunting ramiot Post Your Photos! 6 12-15-2009 01:59 PM
painted grove JMR Photo Critique 9 11-05-2007 11:16 PM
Painted TrailSeeker Post Your Photos! 2 03-07-2007 07:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top