Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

He decided to use the modern convenience....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 11-10-2012, 12:25 PM

......instead of crossing the river the traditional way.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated
Views: 1,578
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I cannot even begin to imagine seeing THAT on the road in front of me, lol. Cool pic...
Thank you, I have seen and photographed Buffalo on the side of the road and or in the wild many times but never a single Bull crossing a bridge on a highway.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Hey he's even in the right lane! Neat image, tfs.
At least he seems to knoe the rules of the road. Thank you and do take care.

QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
I can imagine flying around the corner on a bike and meeting him lol aaaaagh Great capture
That would not be a good thing,, Thank you and do take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by DWitte Quote
Nice shots
When I was in Yellowstone NP a couple years ago there were herds of bison walking across and even down the road.
There is a rather large herd in this general area but I did not see it on this trip. Thank you and do take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
That is a great catch Heinrich, I would expect to see this in Yellowstone and other NP's, but not on a major highway. What a sight.
Hi Bob and thank you, it was rather unusual but there is a herd in the general area and this guy seemed to know where he wanted to go..

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Around here it's usually ducks, crows, rabbits, cats, the occasional deer, though that's never happened to me, snakes, and gators, which has. I've had to go around a big mama gator twice actually but that was while I was on my bike. I never even thought to take a pic at the time. I was way too busy pedaling my arse out of there! Only fools mess with the big toothy lizards, particularly when it's breeding time. And yes, we have both gators and crocs here, and yes, I've actually seen them in the front yard a couple of times. Yet another reason living in the Great South is highly overrated if you ask me. 6 AM I figure should be able to go outside and get the paper and not have to look around for gators and coyotes, you know?
Thanks again, crocs and gators I don't need. Maybe you should consider moving to the great white North, right now we have a foot of snow on the ground and the temp is -18 C but the sun is trying to come out.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Oh, too funny! And he seems totally unfazed as you stop to take a photo. Just another commuter on the way to work.
Sort of funny it was, there was no other traffic but the car coming from the other side. Every thing comes to a stop until he is out of the way. Just too big an animal to take chances with. My experience with them is that they are pretty docile until provoked or in the rutting season.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
ha ! I have seen similar sites Heinrich - not much bothers these guys.
Dave, they just wan tot be left alone to do their thing

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Awesome shots! He does have the look of being on a mission of some kind.......
Thank you kindly and yes he seemed to know where he was going.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Is this near Laird Hot Springs Heinrich? I seem to remember seeing a herd there. When you see a herd of them you tend to forget how big some of the individuals are. This is one big guy.
Hi Susan and thank you. Yes, it was just a few km north of the Springs and there is a rather large herd inn the area. We saw them in 2010 but not this year.

Take care,

11-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
WOW, just wow... and again, wow! Wish I was there. thank you so much for sharing!!
Hi Tess and thank you, you'll just have to put a Yukon trip on your wish list.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Very cool! It's his bridge, he's just letting the cars use it.
You are probably right Larry, it is his country site. Thank you and do take care.

QuoteOriginally posted by romansolar Quote
omg! this is for real? such a close distance. wow. what a catch. wonderful. This is common thing in this area?
Thank you Roman, it's not common but they do live in the area and are seen frequently but I had never seen one before crossing a highway bridge.''Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Where can a huge buffalo walk? Anywhere he wants to! Terrific catch, Heinrich - which you delivered with your usual technical excellence.

Jer
Thank you Jer and yes, who's going to tell him otherwise?

Take care,