Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Autumnal Still Life
Lens: Industar 61 50/2.8 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: home ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Rense, 11-11-2012, 04:37 AM

Some of you might have noticed I am not as frequent a poster as I used to be. Somehow suffering from a Photographers Block.... Speaking of it at www.realphotographersforum.com (they are down at the moment, but the site will be back soon), someone advised me to stay close to myself.... Whatever that means, but it made me taking my K-5 again, to photograph the Chinese Lanterns my wife picked from the garden.... Happy with the result, but not sure whether this is the start of new inspiration, or the last convulsion of a former photography life.... Time will tell....

In the meantime, here some autumnal decay for you.....

Views: 910
11-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I see your talent has not left you Rense. There's a softnes to your images that I find intereting and easy on the eyes. Miss seeing your work as you have inspired a lot of us. Cheers and lets hope you find you mojo again! JIM
11-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Of course it's a hobby so you do what is satisfying and enjoyable. But many of us will miss you and your contributions if you fade away from PF! Sometimes the best way to get recharged is indeed to take time away. But there's also much to be said for working through it, pushing yourself technically and artistically. Often the most progress is being made when it feels like nothing works.

This is a lovely image, focusing on the smallest of the three is unexpected and effective.
11-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful shot Rense. Have missed you and hope this little gem of yours gets you your inspiration back. It is dreamy, soft and warm.

11-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Rense you are such an inspiration and I always end up wanting the lenses you have because I like your shots soooo much. You are an artist and every artist has a dark period. This is a beautiful image, as is your painter's shot from earlier today. I often get bored but I do try to push though it... and then suddenly after days of shooting dull dead leaves time shifts, the sun comes, mist fills the spaces in between, everything sparkles and I can't shoot fast enough.

Looking forward to more of your work!
11-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I see your talent has not left you Rense. There's a softnes to your images that I find intereting and easy on the eyes. Miss seeing your work as you have inspired a lot of us. Cheers and lets hope you find you mojo again! JIM
Dear Jim, thanks a lot for the encouraging words! It's wonderful how these forum things can grow too much, and then, in a sudden, you miss it and feel coming back.... I hope I will find some inspiration!

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Of course it's a hobby so you do what is satisfying and enjoyable. But many of us will miss you and your contributions if you fade away from PF! Sometimes the best way to get recharged is indeed to take time away. But there's also much to be said for working through it, pushing yourself technically and artistically. Often the most progress is being made when it feels like nothing works.

This is a lovely image, focusing on the smallest of the three is unexpected and effective.
Thank you, you are too kind. But it is much appreciated, and I will see how I will find my way.... Just no plans to fade away.... And thanks for the comments on the photo!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Beautiful shot Rense. Have missed you and hope this little gem of yours gets you your inspiration back. It is dreamy, soft and warm.
Thanks a lot Susan.... It's wonderful to have friends all over the globe.....
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this one a lot, Rense. For reasons I can't explain, I find the color, texture and composition soothing.

Jer