Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Learning to Fall correctly!
Lens: Tamron Adaptall 02B Camera: K5 Photo Location: Cottonwood, CA USA ISO: 400 
Posted By: WillH, 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

Been looking at all the wonderful Fall photos posted trying to learn a thing or three. Anyhoo, tried to capture the feeling of Fall this morning. There was a stiff breeze so I had to push the ISO up too increase the shutter speed..... Yes, a work in progress! All that wonderful color and I just can't get the light right!

Anyhoo, here's what I got!

Views: 572
11-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will, these are lovely and I am jealous that you still have fall colours to capture. It really is a special time of year, especially for a photographer. Thanks for sharing!
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Will, these are lovely and I am jealous that you still have fall colours to capture. It really is a special time of year, especially for a photographer. Thanks for sharing!
We're later than everyone else it seems! Our colors are just now starting! Evening light is best, so thst's my next plan? My intent was to have the tree branches in sharp focus with the leaves as a mass of blurry color about them. Well, that did't pan out.

They're predicting a storm for this weekend so by next week all the leave will be blown off the trees!
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

some nice shots Will, like #1 in particular its a great display of fall colours, cheers.

11-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
some nice shots Will, like #1 in particular its a great display of fall colours, cheers.
I liked it too! That photo wasn't processed, just cropped a bit! It looked nice and I was lucky to get it close to as it was. The rather stiff breeze was making it a challenge!

Anyhoo, rather than start a new thread here's my evening shots! I like them a little better! Flower was taken with Fuji X10 the rest with K-5. I had the ISO set at 800 for these photo and used the Tamron 40A lens - the first photo was actually the tree top.

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A nice array of Autumn colours in this series.
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A nice array of Autumn colours in this series.
Thanks, I'm not totally pleased with all of them. One or two aren't too bad. They do look much better on Flickr. Down loading from my computer seems to dull the images. They really pop on Flickr.
11-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Will, a very nice/pretty display of autumn colors with hope of an Indian summer to continue with the last photo.