Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

picture of and with my birthday present to myself. My first Zeiss
Posted By: little laker, 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM

I just bought my first Zeiss lens from Gruoso, and I love it Thanks once again Gruoso.
It's a Zeiss Jena Sonnar 200 F2.8, in a screwmount.

And it just happened to arrive on my birthday, so I guess that it's my present to myself

Well we have a nasty snowstorm here today, so I'm limited on what I can photograph, but here's a picture of my best friend Clutch, with it, through a very dirty window.

Taken at f2.8. You can see the snow on him

And here's a picture of it on my K100D

I'm looking forward to some nice weather and taking it out.
Views: 2,671
02-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Happy Birthday to you Stu. What a nice present to yourself. It looks big on that K100d. Is it as heavy as it looks? Cant wait to see some springtime shots...

someday I will own some Ziess glass...
Thanks Gus,

It's a handful on my K100. Probably a little heavier than my Sigma 135 - 400, which was my heaviest lens until now.

I haven't used a tripod with it yet, but if the weathers nice tomorrow I'll see if it helps with the image quality. It probably will.

The one thing that I wish this lens had is a tripod mount. I have a medium format tripod, and most people who purchase a lens like this will as well, so it shouldn't matter all that much.