Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

Blackfoot Ingenuity
Posted By: Bob Harris, 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM

The statues are located on the Blackfeet Nations land in Northern Montana. What is unique about the statues, is that artisans completely built these out of old car parts.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo   

Views: 2,355
11-24-2012, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Everything about these photos is great! From the photographer's rendition of very cool art, to the work itself both process and outcome, and Bob, I love that the Canadian flag flies there as well as the American Flag. Just so cool! Thanks for sharing
Tess, the Blackfoot reside in Alberta, Saskatchewan and also Montana and Idaho and consists of 4 different tribes and are rich in tradition.
Some of the honored traditions and beliefs of the Blackfoot Indians include the belief that nobody is born evil, that truth and honesty are the basis of leading an honorable life, that all people deserve respect whatever their age or rank, and that a good sense of humor is essential if one wants to live life to the fullest. Words we should all live by!

11-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
You're right Susan! I should have worded my responce better! I didn't intend to be critical of Bob's description, I was impressed with the artistic use of barbed wire - that stuff is hard to work with! I can't imagine what it was like to use that much barded wire........there was probably several boxes of band aids used to cover all the nicks an cuts inflicted. Ouch!!

Great pictures as usual and I appreciate Bob posting them for our enjoyment!
No problem Will, did you notice how blue that Montana sky is, no pollution up this way and the stars at night are unbelievable. One thing we have noticed is the people up this way are so friendly and helpful, a great state to visit and no sales tax.
11-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
great shots Bob, I think these sculptures are just great, very clever!

One great thing about our travels CC, is seeing the unusual. The small towns are wonderful with lots of history.
11-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
More nice shooting and more very interesting shots! You save me a ton of cash Bob! Every time Mrs Rupert mentions she wants to go here or there, I can say ...."Already been there with Bob, and it was great."

Regards!
You're going to have to take some of that extra cash and the Mrs and come out west my friend.