Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mrs Rupert Models....
Lens: DA*50-135 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM

I got some new backgrounds and a new softbox last week for my little studio, and just before I had a client arrive for some portraits, Mrs Rupert dropped in after getting off work. ( She works to pay for my little studio...what a deal!)

I coaxed her into posing for a few test shots to check my lighting. Mrs Rupert used to pose readily, but as women get older, they really become self conscious about their aging, and it isn't so easy to get them to pose. Old guys don't care so much, but women....they do!

Anyhow, the new red background is one she picked out, so it is the one I used. For age 66, I'd say she still holds her own!
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Age shows a little more here, but after all, she is 66!....and still weighs the same as she did when we met 47 years ago!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Anyhow, thanks for the new Backgrounds Mrs Rupert! It was another happy birthday for me!

Regards!
Views: 1,188
11-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mrs Rupert comes up a treat in the studio.
11-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert your wife is beautiful in every way and your portraits of her are lovely. As far as the last one goes, it is not Mrs. Rupert but the background that doesn't work as well with her beauty. Thanks so much for sharing. Very exciting project you have in the works!
11-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

as pretty as a peach I would say.

11-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
She may not so impressed with you sharing her secrets with of the rest of the world on here.

But with these fine images, she may just forgive you.
11-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks guys....and Tess! We spent all day at my little studio working on mounting and steaming new backgrounds. At the end of the day I used my Toy Camera X10 to shoot a few of Mrs Rupert to test out the backgrounds.

[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm afraid she is going into her "second childhood"! Reading to Pooh Bear!

[IMG] [/IMG]

I see that look too often....I made some smart ass remark, and there it was! Happens all the time....been going on over 45 years now!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Just a little fun , I love fun with a camera!

Regards!
11-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you better watch yourself Rupert, she might trade you in for two 30 year old men. Nice shots btw.

11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bob, that would be a disaster! Who would pay for my little studio!
Seriously, Mrs Rupert is the best thing in my life, and she knows it! You can tell by looking at her that I have spent a lifetime taking good care of her! However, if she does get two 30 year olds to replace me, I hope they will rake the foot deep leaves in my yard this year!

Regards!
11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I got some new backgrounds and a new softbox last week for my little studio, and just before I had a client arrive for some portraits, Mrs Rupert dropped in after getting off work. ( She works to pay for my little studio...what a deal!)

I coaxed her into posing for a few test shots to check my lighting. Mrs Rupert used to pose readily, but as women get older, they really become self conscious about their aging, and it isn't so easy to get them to pose. Old guys don't care so much, but women....they do!

Anyhow, the new red background is one she picked out, so it is the one I used. For age 66, I'd say she still holds her own!
[/url] [/IMG]

[/url] [/IMG]

Age shows a little more here, but after all, she is 66!....and still weighs the same as she did when we met 47 years ago!
[/url] [/IMG]

Anyhow, thanks for the new Backgrounds Mrs Rupert! It was another happy birthday for me!

Regards!

Ah there you go, you did use the darker screen! Looks nicer than the pink red I think. If she's wearing a bright color you want a more subdued color behind her. Red on red is pretty intense and she's got such lovely skin and eyes. She's a great model but the cooler colors I think definitely flatter her more. It gets too bright behind her and she tends to fade into the background a bit, pales out. It's supposed to set her off not be the first thing you notice. If you're going to put red behind her I'd suggest you reverse that and maybe try a dark navy shirt. (Does she have a Navy and White Striped shirt? That would be lovely with that background.) Putting a darker color on her, all one color, that will counteract some of the intensity of the red and flatter her skin more but stripes would work here too. It's a nice set of shots but the coloring and skin contrasts could be better. Also, where are your lights? That shot with the two teddies? There's no key lighting going on there. Either that or the WB is a little off....
11-25-2012, 05:51 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

your studio & lighting techniques are comming along nicely, some very good shots... but then you have very nice models to shoot!
cheers
11-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Man - your studio chops are really on fire. Mrs. Rupert is a wonderful model.

Jer
11-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
Veteran Member

She is definitely a keep Rupert.
11-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again guys, we had a busy day yesterday putting up those new backgrounds on the roller system. Mrs Rupert is a controller, and I am an absolute defier, so you can imagine how well we DON'T work together! Like a cat and dog all day, but when it's over we hug and make up......been doing it for almost half a century!

Mrs Rupert wants to push me around, but I won't budge........sure does make it difficult for me when she is right, which is most of the time! Anyone else familiar with this situation?

Regards!

Mag......This a little better? I corrected the color some and the light on the animals....couldn't do a thing with that look on Mrs Rupert's face!
I see a halo here on the monkey, but it's not on my screen in the original size at all?

Name:  DSCF7699-800A.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  78.1 KB

Last edited by Rupert; 11-25-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: add photo
11-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks again guys, we had a busy day yesterday putting up those new backgrounds on the roller system. Mrs Rupert is a controller, and I am an absolute defier, so you can imagine how well we DON'T work together! Like a cat and dog all day, but when it's over we hug and make up......been doing it for almost half a century!

Mrs Rupert wants to push me around, but I won't budge........sure does make it difficult for me when she is right, which is most of the time! Anyone else familiar with this situation?

Regards!

Mag......This a little better? I corrected the color some and the light on the animals....couldn't do a thing with that look on Mrs Rupert's face!
I see a halo here on the monkey, but it's not on my screen in the original size at all?

Attachment 148848
Yeah a bit. She's just a little yellow looking in that shot. Your composition is good, but you just need to watch your colors a bit better. You have to pick the background to compliment the skin tones and the clothes or you can get scenarios like this. For a woman her age your wife is stunning I think, but the red on red just overwhelms her a bit. If you want I'll take a crack at color correcting this one a bit later. I've got to take my folks to Target first though. Back later...