Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Dublin and Galway Ireland
Lens: Various Camera: PENTAX K-5 Photo Location: Ireland 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 11-27-2012, 04:29 AM

Just a few shots from my recent visit to Ireland earlier this year.
Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 02-16-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Views: 837
11-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These great street scenes are a perfect was to start my day - wonderful color and action. Well done.

Jer
11-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I really feel as though I was there. Great shots.
11-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work - really enjoyed these street scenes.

11-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A town with Pub's all over now that is my kind of town. That last one is just frightening.
11-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So much to like about these photographs. I really like the bicycle a lot! And the colors of the storefronts are amazing, and the people, you captured a lot about these places very well.
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

great street scenes, enjoyed the view & natural looking colour, the bicycle chained to the anchor chain made me smile
11-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots... that was a fun series, scrolling down to see what's next. Thanks!

11-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I like third photo with the pink bike. The colors are so crisp. Thanks for sharing!
11-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member

A super entertaining and superbly shot series! This is what I love about this forum... I get to travel in my mind's eye. thank you!
11-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice! Caught the lighting just about perfect - that ain't easy where there isn't too much! Very nice!

Top two look like Grafton Street! Neat place!
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi

Collectively, thanks to everyone for all the friendly replies.

Just a few comments.
In the first shot I positioned myself so I could frame the shot of the pole-standing buskers with the pencil on the right as I thought it would create a nice visual effect.

Then I discovered this resulted in a bit of an empty space between it, so I waited and hoped someone would come along to fill the foreground before any of the two musos loose balance and end it all.

Wouldn't you know, usually there is always someone walking into your frame, but not this time. Eventually though this woman came along and obliged with my wishes beautifully. And the musos didn't come off.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
A town with Pub's all over now that is my kind of town. That last one is just frightening.
daacon, I am seriously worried about you if I assume correctly you like them more from the inside then out. Have another look at the guy with the fag hanging from his mouth, he also likes pubs (from the inside) where he consumes copious amounts of Guinness, You don't want to finish up like him - do you ?

The fish on display (shot at a street market) is a "Monkfish" and when I ask the fishmonger about it he said it is a highly sought-after catch. The look is decidedly ghastly and you wouldn't think of buying anything like this for dinner. But I was told the meat is similar in taste and texture of that of a Crayfish and now equally expensive. So there you are, never judge a book by its cover or in this case a fish by its face.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
A super entertaining and superbly shot series! This is what I love about this forum... I get to travel in my mind's eye. thank you!
Tess, you always have something nice to say and I thank you. If you approve of these images, then it is good enough for me.

Greetings