Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Summer, flyfishing - what more do you need?
Posted By: mingdie, 01-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Only a week holiday this summer but we got some great days fishing. The only problem is the choice between holding the rod and the camera. Unfortunately the rod won most of the time but here are a few photos.

Cheers

Eddie
Views: 2,867
01-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, Eddie - did you get a few?
01-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Nice shots, Eddie - did you get a few?
Thank you.
How can I say this without beating my own drum. I was waiting to get some action pictures when the others caught some good fish but I got the good fish and the others did not take photos. I was hoping for the other way around.

Cheers

Eddie
01-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The hardest thing to do is to get a good photo of yourself while flyfishing.

At least you got time with the shutter and time with the line with rewards from both.

01-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great shots very sharp. Oh fishing I used to do a lot of that before the golf bug and the photography bug bit me. Nice work.
01-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Clarence and Pat
It was impossible to get the other guys to take over the camera. The guy in the first pic cured me of ever wanting to play golf again. Had me go a round with him without telling me he have a handicap of 3.

Cheers
Eddie
01-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The first shot is pretty good. If I were the fisherman in the first, I'd want a copy.

Right now, however, I wish I had fishing prospects other than freezing my butt off and going ice fishing.

01-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice shots Eddie...the 1st and last are my favorites. As long as you had fun(which I'm sure you did) is all that counts.
01-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

That top pic is incredible Eddie, I haven't managed any fishing shots that clear.

And that bottom picture reminds me of the summer in a close buy town, with that mountain above the lake.

I suddenly want to pack up my flyrods and head that way. Forget this Ice Fishing stuff

I can very rarely toss a line for more than 2 hours with my back problems, so it makes it easier putting the rod down and picking up the camera.
01-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

These photos remind of my dad who used to be a serious fishing pro attending multiple competitions. If he was still around, sure I will photograph him a lot while he was fishing in various types of fishing.

The first photograph has a natural expression in his face, the action and intention are all shown in this image. Full of concentration and full of energy in the first photo,

The second photo has this river band in the middle where the man's back facing the audience. I like this composition a lot. I just find the guy in the left upper corner a little annoying. Otherwise this is an interesting perspective.

The theme of the first shot is the man's silouette blurred as a bokeh. Artistic and poetic. I love bokeh and this is a winning approach to creativity

In the state of Victoria of Australia. There is not much fly fishing here. Beside some boat fishing, angler fishing can only catch flat head (no meat), garfish (too many bones), brims (smelly meat from river mud) and rockling (already a protected specie declared last year).

Thanks for sharing your photos!
01-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bdavis, scott, little laker and roentarre.
Thank you for your comments. It really gives you a boost when you get some nice comments. Flyfishing have always been a great hobby of mine and I would like to capture a fisherman with a jumping trout at the end of the line. That day I will be a very happy photographer.

Cheers

Eddie
01-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I've tried to capture that very shot several times and failed

I just thought that you might like to see some of this guy's artwork
The art of Benjamin Caunt- Fine Art collection
he's a new member in one of my fishing forums
01-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was hoping someone else on this forums was a fly fisherman!
great shots, what a beautiful place!
what weight of rod were you using? line? I am going to guess that in the second shot you were nymphing?
catch anything?

oh boy, now I can't wait until spring.... I don't think I will be risking my k10 in the tight streams I fish

cheers

randy
01-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Little laker. Thank you for the link. That is some very nice artwork. I would love to have one of them on my wall.

Randy. Flyfishing is a real passion for me. In the photos we are using a 5/6 weight rod and line. The fish this time of the year is feeding on small fish so we are using a pattern like the one below. Caught some nice fish with the best at 4.5 pounds. The record in this stretch of water is 18 pounds.

Cheers

Eddie
01-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Little laker. Thank you for the link. That is some very nice artwork. I would love to have one of them on my wall.

Randy. Flyfishing is a real passion for me. In the photos we are using a 5/6 weight rod and line. The fish this time of the year is feeding on small fish so we are using a pattern like the one below. Caught some nice fish with the best at 4.5 pounds. The record in this stretch of water is 18 pounds.

Cheers

Eddie
do you ever go to the website FlyFisherman.com: The Virtual Flyshop

It is a great site with some really good forums.... haven't been there for a while but am planing to soon

cheers

randy