Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Late afternoon in Yosemite Valley
Posted By: GeoJerry, 12-02-2012, 10:38 PM

Here's a shot of Yosemite Valley from the valley floor. You normally see this picture taken from the Wawona Tunnel lookout, but here I am standing near the western entrance to the valley late one afternoon. It's a tradeoff. More interesting in the nearness and texture of the granite, and lots more detail and color from the trees.... but no Half Dome. It's behind the trees in the distance, in the center of the picture.

Views: 1,451
12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by catastrophe Quote
Very nice! Even better than the first one, The soft effect is just right on this one and not too much.

Btw, I believe it's a HDR given the perfect lighting all round? Anyway, very nice work!
Thanks very much catastrophe! Yes these are both very mild HDR's. The pictures were very contrasty and I also wanted to bring out the greens of the trees.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Looks like a painting. Very nice.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie!

12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done, GeoJerry! Beautiful light and colors! Would love to see it in person some day.
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I can't believe how relatively close I live to Yosemite and have still yet to take pictures there! I'm jealous.
Great shots.
12-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Well done, GeoJerry! Beautiful light and colors! Would love to see it in person some day.
Thanks loco! It's worth a trip no matter how far you have to go to get there.

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
I can't believe how relatively close I live to Yosemite and have still yet to take pictures there! I'm jealous.
Great shots.
Man, drop everything and get out there! Actually I'd like to shoot Yosemite in winter. Thanks Mike.