Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
University Criterium Race
Lens: Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Christchurch, NZ ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: FruitLooPs, 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Part of my cities "Festival Of Cycling" month, I've never seen a Criterium race before so I thought I'd go along and see what goes down (some people, as it turned out ).

Anyhow, accidents aside it was fast and furious racing. Really engaging being such a small track with tight right angle corners and unprotected gutters! Here are some photos, I was trying to induce motion without getting too much blur happening. Some pretty fancy bits of kit on display to my untrained eye (saw one wheel with flat carbon fiber spokes! )

The course ran around our University, but was raced by semi & full professional cyclists. I used AFS.C and Hi FPS with expanded AF mode engaged.

The poor guy above had the lead for most of the time, alone and in a breakaway group but couldn't keep it for the final sprint. He placed 3rd. You can see the pain in his expression

Looks like he should be riding on the moon or something

The winner, this guy was on the tail of the breakaway, apparently one of our cycling Olympians he really hit his stride on the sprint to the line.

The Subway guy again, getting just pipped at the post.

Cheers

P.S My friend with his new D600 went along too, we both achieved very similar results which satisfies me a bit

Last edited by FruitLooPs; 12-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Views: 594
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good job capturing the action.