Views: 3,273
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nicely framed silhouette, on a great sky. Well captured
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks bluespearbone . Just a lucky shot . I was waiting to get on the highway , caught this and "zap" .

Okay , I must ask :

What does "bluespearbone " stand for ?? Just curious , that's all.
02-13-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

In honesty, it stands for a complete lack of imagination rather than any meaning or originality. A quick play with adjectives and nouns, some years ago when a user name was required. Kept it ever since.

02-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fair enough Thanks .
02-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Beautiful composition and colours. Really nice contrast of the dark oak against the colours of the sky.

Paul
02-14-2008, 02:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot and colour. I always like these silhouette shots. Always good to have the camera nearby in the car!

02-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member

The colour is amazing. In deed art.
02-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one minor, minor comment on this pic. I wish you could have gotten all of the tree into the frame on the left-hand side. But that's in an ideal world, ya know? You told us that this was just a grab shot and in those situations, you get what you get. And what you got in this instance was really good! For me, the things that keep this from being just another silhouette shot are the great sky, the interesting shape of the tree, and the fence line on the left side. I even think it's good that you included a second tree in the lower right side. I think that had you not done that, the emptiness there would have thrown off the balance of the shot. Nice work!
02-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Thats a very nice shot you got there. I really like these high contrast silhouettes shots too. Those colours look fantastic against the black.
02-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #11

Wonderful colors.
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Beautiful composition and colours. Really nice contrast of the dark oak against the colours of the sky.

Paul
Thanks Paul .

How are you doing ? I haven't seen much photos from you . Post some please so I can "travel ' through your wonderful eyes

Kaimarx :

Thanks . It's one of those day that the sky is just absolutely out of this world !
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Great shot and colour. I always like these silhouette shots. Always good to have the camera nearby in the car!
Sir Peter

Thanks . I carry the camera with me as much as I can . I want it to be an extension of my body . I want to practice as much as I can so when I see something , my mind will "calculate " the and transfer those to the camera with out much delay . Easy said than done of course for I still have much to learn which is a good thing

roentarre :

Thanks . Art ? Hmm... when somebody will trade a FA* 80-200 for it then I will call it ART
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
I have one minor, minor comment on this pic. I wish you could have gotten all of the tree into the frame on the left-hand side. But that's in an ideal world, ya know? You told us that this was just a grab shot and in those situations, you get what you get. And what you got in this instance was really good! For me, the things that keep this from being just another silhouette shot are the great sky, the interesting shape of the tree, and the fence line on the left side. I even think it's good that you included a second tree in the lower right side. I think that had you not done that, the emptiness there would have thrown off the balance of the shot. Nice work!
I know what you mean . I actually "shoot " this image in my mind many times as I can see it daily . Though the lighting and the sky were not always good . It was the 50mm at the widest . I did shoot the whole tree image but there was other elements ( post , wire ) . Also the whole tree image was "off balance " some how . All I got was a minute or two then have to drive on . Thanks for your comments .
02-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paden501 Quote
Wonderful colors.
Thanks . Glad that you like it .

Here is another tree shot . Pentax 645N/75/2.8 in this case :

Note to self : Need to get some hot chick shots