Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Don't say you weren't warned
Lens: DA16-45 and DA*60-250 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Whitewater Canyon (California) 
Posted By: baro-nite, 12-08-2012, 08:30 PM

You have been warned

Whitewater Canyon looking toward San Gorgonio Pass

San Gorgonio Pass

San Gorgonio Pass and Mount San Jacinto
Views: 999
12-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have visited here many times Jeff, I'm sure you must of gotten some photos of the pond and upper areas. Great place for a picnic isn't it. BTW nice shots of the area.
12-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice photos of a very familiar place, baro-nite. I lived in the Pass area for many years & used to visit Whitewater often (if there *was* water!) Did you visit the trout hatchery? Living in Texas now, I sometimes miss those mountains. Great shots.
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, that's a good warning there .. and nice series - J

12-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bob -- indeed it is a nice picnic spot. A wedding party was picnicking while I was there. I didn't have time for the ponds as I came in late and had to hustle to do the loop trail before closing.

Thanks Paul -- no time for the hatchery this trip, but I expect I will return here someday. Yes, there was water, even though it has been pretty dry here lately.

Thank you Jean.
12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

hmmm those bears, mountain lions and rattlesnakes look a lot like wind mills! (sorry, dumb joke) Great images of a very rugged landscape.
12-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice shots, but it is kind of nasty they would put a bunch of wind turbines there to spoil it. Watch those viboras!
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Tess and Tom! I should have included a shot of the view up the canyon toward Mt. San Gorgonio -- a much more pristine setting. But I didn't get any interesting shots in that direction. The pass is where the I-10 (interstate highway, i.e., motorway) runs through the mountains, so is definitely not wilderness! Hundreds of these turbines there.