Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Time to Pause and Reflect
Posted By: WillH, 12-14-2012, 01:34 PM

As a retired teacher, after twenty years in the classroom, this morning gave me pause! The images of classrooms became as vivid as if through a camera lens! Time to reflect, pause and offer prayers to everyone a Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Last edited by WillH; 12-15-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Views: 912
12-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My heart goes out to Sandy Hook Ct.What is going on in our society that makes people act the way they do.A story that is on the back burner is the stabbings in China at a school where 22 students were injured hours before this horrendous story.It is a sad day.--charliezap
Man stabs 22 children at China primary school | The Raw Story
12-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well said Will - this is beyond a tragedy - Charlie I had not heard that story - wow I am a loss for words , my heart goes out to everyone effected by these senseless acts.
12-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will, this will affect so many lives over the year and is so tragic, we pray for the families and thank you for the tribute

12-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

As cruel as today was [none of us know how these families truely feel] unfortunately the .1% nuts out there will always be there. I am sure once we know the whole story it will make us rethink a lot of things. The real trouble hear is the age of these kids. [5-10 years old] The innocent in life are always in the path of insanity in all parts of the world. I for one will be praying for the living family members as they will never be at peace again!

JIM
12-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This unspeakable act sickens my heart. As it happened, I picked up my 8-year-old granddaughter, Claire, after school a few hours after I learned of this horror. As I walked across the playground and watched the innocent kid running and laughing, the thought that such a thing could even happen made me weak in the knees.

You guys are right, the damage this carnage will cause the survivors in unimaginable.

Jer
12-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I struggle for words, and can't find them. Horror and sadness, and prayers for the families and loved ones left to forever endure the never ending pain. We are helpless, and that hurts too. We all love the little innocent children, they are so much of what joy we have in life.......how could anyone take that away?

12-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't know how I missed this one as it is exceptional.
12-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Beautiful photo Will. Thank you for posting. I am still shaking and upset. Imagining what these families are going through is painful and I can't even touch the real pain and loss they are experiencing. The whole thing gets worse by day as the big picture grabs hold. Grief and anger taken over when disbelief pales. I want to write volumes but words are useless inside such a tragedy.
12-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I join you and others in grief and disbelief and thank you for your noble sentiment and wonderful photo to express it.
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Will, thanks for that image, it is peaceful. As for this horror, I sit here unable to put something into words, I just hope and pray that something good might come out of this unimaginable act of horror