Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Valentine's day, alternate take
Posted By: CoryV, 02-15-2008, 05:07 PM

This is my first submission to the fine forum here. nice to meet you all.

Last night, Valentine’s Day, a local rag hosted an anti-valentine's day party at a club. Basically it’s all about ridding your relationship demons. The public came up on stage, shared their failed love stories to the audience and presented the MC with an item to destroy. It was great fun; there were picture burnings, blenders, sledgehammers and liquid nitrogen among others.

I didn't try too hard to get close to the stage, I hate flash in public and the lighting was horrid. That being said I walked away with a few that I really thought turned out well. Take them for what their worth.

One of the therapeutic methods was to tape the picture in the men’s room, you get the idea.
Both photos with an SMC-F 50mm 1.7 and a K10d

The second is a friend of mine with a beautiful face. I like the noise profile in this high ISO portrait. It seems to go well here. Sometimes I need a reminder that IQ isn't everything when conveying the emotion. While it borders on a snapy snap shot, I still find merit in it overall. Hope you guys enjoyed them.

Views: 1,587
02-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Igilligan

What a really clean urinal. I managed bars in my day and I never saw one that clean. But what a beautiful woman in the toilet... oh the pain of it all.

And I like the shot of your friend. I agree sometimes the noise works very well in a portrait shot. And IMHO this works well here. Has a 60's haight st. feel to it.

Nice ANTI-VALENTINES party
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
... But what a beautiful woman in the toilet... oh the pain of it all.
thats exactly the emotion

What a really clean urinal. I managed bars in my day and I never saw one that clean.
hah yeah its odd that it appears so clean. though I tried an exposure with flash, that one isn't so pristine

And I like the shot of your friend. I agree sometimes the noise works very well in a portrait shot. And IMHO this works well here. Has a 60's haight st. feel to it.
yeah I think thats part of what grabs me about it. She fits the processing. Remind me to pull the K1000 out next time i'm in a bar. I'm really liking the grain these days.

Last edited by CoryV; 02-15-2008 at 05:53 PM.