Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Have Mustang, will travel.
Lens: Mix: DA12-24; Q 01 Prime Camera: Mix: Kx, Q Photo Location: Mornington Peninsula 
Posted By: imaspy, 12-18-2012, 01:29 AM

back story: other half gave me a "Self drive a classic mustang for a day" voucher for xmas LAST year. finally got around to using it last week!

there's something special about a 47 year old car having people hover around it like it was a new futuristic model at the motor show; i'd recommend it to everyone

so first; the route of the day

perfect day for a drop top cruise. lunch in sorrento, up to arthur's seat, met two guys who were downing VB grenades whilst driving their sweet 351 replica (however they were taken with the original-ness of "my" car
dinner in mordialloc.

here come photos; i've gone for a film look with the PP... all C&C welcome

filling up.

i have an awesome partner who obliged when i asked her to dress up in the period (she chose jackie onassis but in my mind i saw elaine benes :weirdo

i just want one.

at the small jetty, sorrento

view from arthur's seat 1

view from arthur's seat 2

finally, i'm not getting anything for this, but if you're interested in something like this, and you're in victoria, get over to Pete's Classic Garage and go hire on of these cars. it's effing brilliant and you won't regret it. worth every last cent, and now i want to buy one
Views: 1,025
12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Living in Aspendale, I know all of those locations VERY well.
There's nothing like a good drive in a good car...I love American muscle, but at the moment we have a bit of "Euro".....we have a C63.
Safe driving, Pickles.
12-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
....imaspy......
sob! sob! weep! drooling! envy, jealousy. More sobbing. Weeping.
12-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love the processing on these, it really suits the subject, especially the shots where there is no way of accurately telling when it was taken from just looking.

12-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A terrific series - great pictures of one of my favorite cars. As I've mentioned before on the forum (probably too often), in '64 when I was 17, I got a brand new, '65 Mustang coupe with a 289 4-V and a 4-speed; I was in heaven. I always smile when I see these early Mustangs (in person or in pictures), so thanks for posting these fun pics.

Jer
12-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent work - they do look like my dad's shots of the old Rambler.
The reversed steering wheel threw me for a moment, thought it was a driver's ed car
12-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
The reversed steering wheel threw me for a moment, thought it was a driver's ed car
Yep. it just looks...odd.

12-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Yep. it just looks...odd.
I didn't even notice until it was mentioned. Just because you drive on the wrong side, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

<puts on flak jacket>
12-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #9

Original Poster
Wow, thanks all for the comments, much appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by pickles Quote
Living in Aspendale, I know all of those locations VERY well.
There's nothing like a good drive in a good car...I love American muscle, but at the moment we have a bit of "Euro".....we have a C63.
Safe driving, Pickles.
Slumming it in a C63 eh I'm in Bentleigh for now myself.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
....imaspy......
sob! sob! weep! drooling! envy, jealousy. More sobbing. Weeping.
Trust me mate, I was the same every time I saw somebody else in one. Then I had MY day (now i'm back to sobbing and weeping at wanting one!)

QuoteOriginally posted by Northern Soul Quote
I love the processing on these, it really suits the subject, especially the shots where there is no way of accurately telling when it was taken from just looking.
Thanks very much!! That was exactly the look I was going for - to have it look like semi-aged photos from the day, but to NOT make it look like it's been done with some shitty Instragram-esque filter or treatment. (All post on these was done in LR4)

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A terrific series - great pictures of one of my favorite cars. As I've mentioned before on the forum (probably too often), in '64 when I was 17, I got a brand new, '65 Mustang coupe with a 289 4-V and a 4-speed; I was in heaven. I always smile when I see these early Mustangs (in person or in pictures), so thanks for posting these fun pics.

Jer
Now I realise why you were in heaven These cars (and lots from the same era - mid 50s to about 1970) just ooze character. Love em.

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Excellent work - they do look like my dad's shots of the old Rambler.
Now that I think about it - would a completely original driver's ed mustang be worth more than a normal 'stang, given how rare they'd be!?

QuoteOriginally posted by Northern Soul Quote
I didn't even notice until it was mentioned. Just because you drive on the wrong side, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

<puts on flak jacket>
ahahah aaaah yes. FWIW, i'm reasonably sure this was an original aus delivered mustang - no RHD conversion performed. of course, i could be wrong. ("Pete" alluded to this being the case)