Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Valentine flowers = Photo OP
Posted By: Eastern Shore Charlie, 02-15-2008, 08:24 PM

Bought my wife some flowers for Valentines Day. Since I needed to shoot some color during the brown season I saw a photo op in the middle of the day. Side light is from the kitchen window near the sink and taped a black cloth on the kitchen cabinet in the background. Thought I would share.....

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 04-30-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Views: 1,722
02-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the 1st and 3rd shots. 3 is the best. Heck I just like the fact you shot some colour. Lucky you, you have the brown season. We have the white season mixed with the ice season, soon to be followed by the muck season, during the rain season. (pass the Prozac).

Anyway I like the composition of the 2nd shot the best but not the focus point. The first yellow rose is what you seemed to have focused on but my eye seems to search for something sharp on the pink rose. Nice shot but IMHO, it doesn't work.

Now for all 3, the light,composition and exposure are great. Good control of the DOF in the 3rd as well. Nice background and isolating the subject. Looks like you will be ready when brown turns to green.
02-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Damn....So you just told me you have four Yuk seasons with intermittent clouds....bummer. I see what you are saying on the 2nd shot I should of brought the focus closer to me. The flowers are not dead yet so I will play some more with focus. Thanks I am glad you like the color...
02-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
Inactive Account

i think the photo op was the primary reason for the flowers. the wife was a convenient circumstance....

hey, i'm a photographer too....

02-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by craftsmansky Quote
i think the photo op was the primary reason for the flowers. the wife was a convenient circumstance....

hey, i'm a photographer too....
Your right....