Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Bovine-N-Devine
Posted By: WillH, 12-18-2012, 05:18 PM

Finally, got out an about this afternoon! Cold north wind! I do believe winter is here!

Took a few portraits of the "Gals" and their young'ens for the fun of it!

I think we're pregnant!

The Blonde!

Gotta itch!

The ultimate fast food, or meals on hooves!

When I grow up I wanna be the bull!

Snapped a quick shot of the Pacific Coast Range. Coooold! Come on Tess, warm it a little before sending it down

Views: 1,416
12-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh my these are wonderful shots Will! Just awesome shooting, great looking cows. Love the mountain scene and the conversation that has gone on in this thread! I have been too busy to worry about the cold and snow, but it has been kind of yucky lately. Lots of grey skies and today, Thursday, we are expecting a pile of snow heading up from the south...so we don't always send it down your way!!

Off to the big smoke today for a week long visit to my son's. Happy holiday's Will

12-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series Will I see some of my favorites in there (Rib Eye , Sirloin and T-bone!). Cold ??? Come up here I'll show ya cold hahah.
daacon, ha yes....she's in fine shape! She won't be butchered though. Her job is to make babies. Interesting what folks see. What I see is the proper brand which tells me she's in the right place. She's in good shape meaning she's healthy with no teeth issues. Good eyes and hooves so she'll have no problem grazing and moving about. She has a good bag with no teat issues and she's currently nursing a calf without problems. Most important she is obviously pregnant and will drop another calf within a few months! All good given the fact she survived several months of forest fires in the mountains this summer!

Travel safe Tess.
12-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very nice series Will.Do you get to take many days off?--charliezap
12-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
A very nice series Will.Do you get to take many days off?--charliezap
We don't, it's 24/7/365! Honestly, it's becoming rather difficult! If it wasn't for taking a few photos along I'd be in big trouble! All in all, it's not so bad! The exposure to digital photography has been a fantastic way to stay mentally active!

This ranch has never been a finical dynamo! It can barely support one family! My wife and I left in 1973, after college, and we didn't return until 2000. The place was horribly run down and in serious debt. We've got it back to a place where it sustains itself again! Would be easy to just sell out! The real estate market is so depressed we'd never realize it's true value and then we'd need to move into town! This is a good place to ride out what's left of our time on this space ship!

Here's a shot of a calf born a few months ago....a little late or too early! Anyhoo, great looking calf, full of curiosity and looking for trouble!