Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Still learning my craft
Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Arizona 
Posted By: troygold2th, 12-19-2012, 11:03 AM

Pictures taken in the past year or so. Still learning how to shoot manual and understanding the tools of ISO,Shutter Speed and Aperture. Its a Hobby but would like to get a better understanding of Crisp clear pictures.
Your comments are appreciated.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Views: 803
12-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So am I, and I've been shooting off and on for forty years.
The histograms of your images - at least the ones I checked - are peculiar. None of them are evenly distributed. And the amount of whites seems low. You're choosing scenes with rather challenging exposures. When you expose wrongly, the resultant muddy image does not appear sharp. I'm not saying that all are poorly exposed, but I think that's true for the first three.
The Alice Cooper shot - well, the left-most guy IS in focus. Doing stage lighting is quite hard. You did better than I ever did for a night/stage shot.
12-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fun and eclectic images to view! The Hawk is really giving you the eye The pp on the pony is very cool... and I love the Alice shot... nicely done, thank you for sharing!
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd say you're learning very well. I love that first, moody shot. Old Alice is looking long in the tooth.

Jer