Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Amazing sunset over Medicine Lake
Lens: Pentax 15mm Camera: Pentax K-5 
Posted By: catastrophe, 12-19-2012, 07:03 PM

Hi guys,

Continuation of the day at Medicine Lake in Jasper National Park. From the amazing cloud and conditions during the day I can tell that there will be an amazing sunset that day and it certainly is true....

Just look at the change of light conditions from orange to purple to red...just an amazing sight to be there. Would have been a perfect photo if the water is more calm, but I can't complain since the light was so good!

Views: 810
12-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful set and a fantastic range of color. I am also very encouraged - I just bought a 15mm Ltd for my K-5 IIs!
12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First couple are magical. The last few have too much magenta, but the composition and subject matter are gorgeous.
12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richard_b Quote
Beautiful set and a fantastic range of color. I am also very encouraged - I just bought a 15mm Ltd for my K-5 IIs!
Good choice! You'll love the 15mm for the size and the flare resistance. Best travel lens IMO.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
First couple are magical. The last few have too much magenta, but the composition and subject matter are gorgeous.
Thanks! I do agree that there's a lot of magenta on the last few but that was how the sky was like, it was unbelievable...The landscape was dark at first but lit up purple and red by the sky minutes later...

12-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful sunset series. A good follow up to your earlier post. I often wonder about the colour of sunsets and whether it is proper to reproduce them according to some white balance or to use the memory of what I saw with my eyes. I tend to go with my eyes, it somehow feels better even if not technically correct. I must also be on the lookout for a 15mm Ltd.
12-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very pleasing aesthetically and would look great on a large frame.
12-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful - right place and you captured it very well.
12-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow, great series! I have seen the sky like this here in Algonquin. Very very rich and yes, saturated magenta. Thank you for sharing

12-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Wonderful sunset series. A good follow up to your earlier post. I often wonder about the colour of sunsets and whether it is proper to reproduce them according to some white balance or to use the memory of what I saw with my eyes. I tend to go with my eyes, it somehow feels better even if not technically correct. I must also be on the lookout for a 15mm Ltd.
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very pleasing aesthetically and would look great on a large frame.
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Beautiful - right place and you captured it very well.
Yeah, landscape photography is all about being at the right place at the right time, would have been better if I was somewhere where the water is calmer as there is still ripples in this one.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Wow, great series! I have seen the sky like this here in Algonquin. Very very rich and yes, saturated magenta. Thank you for sharing
Thanks! Although I seen many nice sunsets, but I have never seen skies like this before, nothing this purple and streaks of colorful clouds...
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Very pretty, nice work, and thank for sharing!
12-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #11

Great series !! love the transition of colour , the bright pink/red only lasts seconds in my experience , well caught. Cheers Garry
12-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grw46 Quote
Great series !! love the transition of colour , the bright pink/red only lasts seconds in my experience , well caught. Cheers Garry
Actually this pink and purple lasted for around 5 minutes+ and it kept getting more saturated
12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very very nice!