Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tuba?
Lens: M28 K55 Tak105 Camera: K10D Photo Location: Melba Hall ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: tromboads, 12-20-2012, 05:14 AM

Just one photo?

I had the opportunity to follow a mate around as he prepared for his final recital for the year. He's finishing his masters on Tuba of all things. Was an incredible concert if I'm being honest :P

Anyway what a great excuse to practise some psudo street photography I suppose.

The light was limited, everything was pretty much left at f2.8, iso800 with a s1/30-1/45.. I must honestly say I had a few moments where I appreciated why everyone is so fanatical about full frames cameras hahaha... There were moments where the 28mm was needed to fit the scene in, but the depth of the subjects made everything a little less intimate. I suppose I could have used a narrower lens and stepped back, but then the subjects would have be getting small on the sensor.

Similarly there were times with the 105mm Tak that I wished for a few extra pixels on each side of the frame :P Anyway, more about getting used to your equipment I suspect.

Either way, I had fun :P

Views: 638
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it to be a story about your friend and his tuba, or a story about the group your friend is playing in/with?
The choice of best depends on what story you're telling.
Thanks for sharing.