Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Out Back!
Lens: Tramron Adaptall 103A Camera: K5 Photo Location: Cottonwood, CA USA 
Posted By: WillH, 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Yah, I know.....same ole' stuff! Was out most of the morning and managed a few shots that provides some idea of what I see! I'm prejudice for sure, but it is rather nice! No people, no cars, no noise, just the wind and the cows quietly grazing! Nice!

Turkey Vulture catching a thermal! Snow is getting close!

What's the Dolly Parton song, 'My Coat of Many Colors'?

Mom...

You wouldn't think a black cow could blend into the country side! There's more than three cows in this photo!

Nice!

Last edited by WillH; 12-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Views: 753
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great set WillH! What great surroundings you have.
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And I thought all the turkey vultures spent the winter here in south Florida...

Idyllic surroundings, Will, TFS
12-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got to love them doggies, are the blacks "Black Angus"?

12-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice place you have to look over. Nice series making me want to move to the country, only thing we wouldn't have is the snow.
12-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Great set WillH! What great surroundings you have.
Tis true David! If I list all the good and bad there would be much more negativity points, but the positive point carry far more weight. Things like clean air, well water, fabulous views in all directions, etc. Guess we're very fortunate.

Orchidjulie, personally I think the turkey vultures are circling Washington D.C.

Bob, the bulls are Black Angus and the cows were polled Herford. These are not registered show cattle. They are what is routinely referred to as white face, which is a mixed breed giving them many advantages including resistance to some diseases. As you can see they don't stand around in a pasture but need to graze in native country, so they need to be able to cover large distances over rather rugged country. Mixed breeds do very well here. Also, no horns! Horns cause too many handling and shipping problems.

AussieTrev, we don't get much snow. As you can see it gets pretty darn close! When I was a kid, in the 50's-60's, we got a lot of snow every winter. Times have changed! I have noticed the polar ice caps on Mars are also disappearing!

BTW, there are 6 cows in the photograph!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:30 PM.
12-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great series - reminds me of simpler times.

12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great series - reminds me of simpler times.
Tis simple........then and now! . The only time life gets complicated now is when I open the mail or watch the evening news! Reality is so rude!
12-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing a view of a morning in Will's life. A walk among the the cattle grazing in the wide open can be very settling to the soul for me. Only difference with me is it is a walk along the river and into the woods listening to the many sounds of nature such as the water flowing, the birds/chipmunks/squirrels about doing their thing.

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Tis simple........then and now! . The only time life gets complicated now is when I open the mail or watch the evening news! Reality is so rude!
How true!