Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Snapshot of a friend
Lens: DA 21mm Limited Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Red Lobster 
Posted By: alamo5000, 12-24-2012, 08:53 AM

This is a snapshot of my friend's wife that I took while we were all eating dinner in Red Lobster. I am learning more about Lightroom so give me some tips if you want...right now its all experimentation... I ordered two books on Lightroom 4 but they have not gotten here yet.

Last edited by alamo5000; 12-24-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Views: 694
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For indoors, at a restaurant, unprepared (i.e., no makeup artists, hair or stylist) pretty d****d good, I'd say.
Personally, as for Photoshop hints, as little as necessary. At least, in my opinion. This is good. However, a customer will (likely) prefer more PS than I do. Like, maybe whitening the teeth a tad. Softening the wrinkles (only on her neck - beautifully young looking woman). Etc., etc.
But I like what I see here.
Thanks for sharing, and Happy Holidays.
12-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you jford...

I personally like my pictures to look rather 'natural' myself too, although in my limited use of LR4 I have found some very neat things that can make a 'snapshot' an 'excellent picture'...

But yes, there was no make up, no prep, no nothing. A smile and a snapshot. Her husband, her, and I are always running around causing havoc...she's so funny. She kept on talking about Christmas and said that 'she loved boxes....I love opening boxes!" about 10 times... so the waitress brought her the bill...in a big box! LOL!

We have fun...

This was shot with a DA 21mm lens with the on board flash and hand held. I guess its my version of 'street' or rather 'not staged' photography...
12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
On a side note I took a minimalist approach to LR because 1. I try to make the picture as close to correct as I can when I take the picture. 2. I don't know how to do any fancy tricks yet.

I did order 2 books on LR4 but they are on the way still.

12-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster