Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Cripple Creek Colorado Panoramic
Posted By: jbrowning, 02-17-2008, 01:00 AM

I spent the day in Cripple Creek Saturday and Saturday night taking pictures of the Ice Carvings and they also had a Gravity race (soapbox derby). These are the two pictures I was able to put together so far. I took over 500 shots so it is going to take a little while.

If anyone wants a copy of the full-size panoramic photo let me know and I can email it to you. It is 5 megs.

Thanks
Jim
Views: 1,310
02-17-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Jim. The pano looks very good, the only thing is that the horizon is slightly sloping down from left to right. A quick rotation of about -1 will sort that. Not sure I want to download a 5mb email attachment, do you have a link to a bigger version? From what I can see it looks a great shot
02-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hi Tom lets see if the link will work. Its the link to my photobucket album.

CrippleCreekPanoB.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had already worked on the leveling of the photo. There was a lot of snow mounds up there and it is one time I wished I had my monopod with me.

Thanks
Jim
02-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #4

Nice pano Jim. The peak sticking above the horizon in the foreground is of course Mt. Pisgah.In my college days (late 60's) I used to drive to the summit of that regularly when I was a tour driver for a local limo company. I believe the road may be closed to the public now.

Al S.

02-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

It surely is a nice picture Jim The snow we had this year didnt settle so we didnt have any such dramatic looking snow scenes, maybe next year.