Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A casual Saturday afternoon shoot...except...
Posted By: blwnhr, 02-17-2008, 04:51 AM

...this damn pole!

My girlfriend, a friend and I went for a drive to take in a special city stage of a tarmak rally happening about an hour from my place. I was in the spectator area and, because we got there late, couldn't get a good spot. I managed to shoot 'round it a bit, but some were sacrificed.

I moved spots and had to contend with a parking meter instead, haha. Oh well.

Now some shots:

Views: 1,437
02-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You got some great shots... and the one focused on the offending pole made me laugh (and isn't that what really makes a shot something special!?)!!
02-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
More great car pictures from Australia!

I really enjoy the last one of the Porsche and, particularly, the 4th on of the "whatsit" in which you can really see the the effort of the driver and - I assume - the Navigator (?).

I kinda like the parking meter shot as well.

Jer
02-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I was actually quite happy with the pole shot, getting the Porsche in the background.

The Whatsit is a Fiat Arbath. Not the sort of car I would choose to drive at high speeds down tree-lined roads, most of the time, but it is spectacular all the same!