Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
night time in city center
Lens: various Camera: K5 + D600 Photo Location: Edmonton Alberta 
Posted By: Wired, 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM

I've been meaning to get down here and shoot these for a while. I wanted to do them originally in the daytime, but so glad I got them at night. The Art Gallery of Alberta is just beautiful at night, a real architectural marvel. I love it! Images taken with Pentax K5, and Nikon D600. Used DA 10-17 fisheye, DA*16-50, and Takumar 50mm f1.4 (2nd series) from the Pentax stable, and the 50mm f1.8 G and 85mm f1.8 G from the Nikon bag. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

Views: 899
12-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had a thread about San Diego open and thought, oh hey... San Diego looks a lot like downtown Edmonton. Then I read your post.

I wish I had taken advantage of this warm spell for photos, but I had the bbq going instead
12-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #3

Tripod used? What kind of exposure length?
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arcturus Quote
Tripod used? What kind of exposure length?
no tripod, all hand held. If you check my flickr pages the settings are tagged on every image, but most are 1/20 of a sec, some 1/30 of a sec.

12-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
I had a thread about San Diego open and thought, oh hey... San Diego looks a lot like downtown Edmonton. Then I read your post.

I wish I had taken advantage of this warm spell for photos, but I had the bbq going instead
it was a great night for shooting. There was more I wanted to do, but wanted to reserve some spots for January. The BBQ was running at my place later in the night too... then again, its not often its not running around here.