Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Macro Flower - in B&W
Posted By: Sailor, 02-17-2008, 05:45 PM

Like others, I'm taking advantage of the flowers I bought for my wife for Valentine's day. Here's a macro of a rose (sort of purple in real life), taken with my DFA 100/2.8, and converted to B&W. I've had my macro lens now for almost a year, and this is the first time (that I remember) that I've photographed a flower. Marbles are more my speed.

Jer

Views: 1,692
02-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you are loosing your marbles Jer.

Interesting idea though doinf a B&W with this. It has a nice texture and pattern. The detail is great but the little hairs and dead petal tip kinda take away from the shot.
02-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I think you are loosing your marbles Jer.

The detail is great but the little hairs and dead petal tip kinda take away from the shot.
They were lost long ago, Peter. It strikes me that this flower and I are alot alike: we're both getting older, have hair growing where we don't want it and our skin is frayed around the edges.

Seriously, I enjoyed shooting this thing, but I think you're right - I need to find a fresher example before I do this again. In fact, I'll look through what else is in the series and see if I have a better example.

Anyway, as always, thanks for your comments my friend.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 02-18-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: can't spell