Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Line of Duty Death
Lens: Mutliple Camera: K-r Photo Location: Webster, NY ISO: 800 
Posted By: jt1667, 01-02-2013, 02:37 AM

On December 24th, 2012 the town of Webster, NY was rocked by the shooting of 4 firemen as they arrived on scene to battle a house fire. 2 of those firemen, Tomasz Kaczowka & Mike Chiapperini died as a result, the 2 others severely injured. This shooting was a premeditated attack on the fire department as the gunman set fire to the house and laid in wait to ambush them. As an 11 year veteran of the West Webster Fire Department I never could have imagined this kind of trauma and heartache would fall upon our department.

I decided that I would take some pictures of the memorial that has been laid out at the firehouse. Some of the pictures arent that sharp and they may not look that impressive but its a form of coping for me. The badge pictures are the badges of the West Webster FD & the Monroe County Emergency Communication Center (where Tomasz & I work as dispatchers)

If anyone would like to see pictures of the funerals feel free to check out Monroe County Fire Wire ? . These were not taken by me but some people may be interested in seeing them. Also feel free to check out my departments webpage at www.westwebsterfd.org

Thank You for looking..
Josh

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Views: 1,302
01-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #2

Original Poster
**As a side note, if this thread is located in the wrong area I sincerely apologize. I really wasnt to sure where to put this.*
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
01-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #3

It's a nice set. And think they're good. And it's often the best for family&friends who lost their friend or family member, something to look at when they are ready for it, to have something for a memory over 10 years.
01-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They are in a better place. So sorry for the friends and family of these brave men. This type of senseless violence reminds us all but for the grace of god ......

01-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for taking the time to post these here. We all need to stop and consider how much we need these kind of people protecting our cities and towns.
01-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #6

This mindless act of violence shocked the UK and evoked a wave of sympathy for the relatives and friends of the victims who were the bravest of the brave.
01-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #7

Original Poster
Its the violent nature in which they were taken from us that truly bothers me. I can learn to accept and then learn if they were to die by some sort of accident while fighting that fire. By being setup & then ambushed is what makes it incomprehensible to me. Myself, as well as the department, have sincerely appreciated the support we have received from people all over the world.

This photo was taken right before calling hours on Dec. 28th. The picture was taken with a cell phone but is still an amazing picture to me.

Attached Images

01-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for share the photos of the tributes to these brave firefighters. Our thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues.