Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Park wide-open
Lens: SMC-F 50mm f1.7 Camera: K-5 ISO: 80 Aperture: F1.7 
Posted By: newmikey, 01-03-2013, 04:30 AM

Beautiful early morning light and a dog brought me to the local municipal park today. I decided to "do" the park with one single fixed-focus lens at its widest aperture in order to capture the light and a somewhat 3D feel.

Shots were all in raw, developed with my own scripted workflow (this time with a "half velvia", automatic black point, some overall local contrast enhancement and USM dialled in) without any further manipulation except for the image of the horse and his mirror image in which I removed an electrical fencing wire at knee-height (the horse's knees, that is) as well as its reflection with the "heal-selection" script and resynthesize plugin.

Did I succeed? You be the judge...

Views: 768
01-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice series , really like the horse ones.
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mike, you totally succeeded! I love challenges shooting such as this, have a soft spot for grass shots, and your bridge and fence shots worked out perfectly too. The horse is wonderful, can't tell you took out the wire.

You took some ordinary scenes and made them extraordinary! Thanks for sharing