Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More of the Rockies (7 pics)
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Banff / Lake Louise , Alberta, Canada 
Posted By: daacon, 01-03-2013, 11:17 AM

Several more from our trip - can't wait to get back there. The first two are from Vermilion Lakes and the rest are from the Lake Louise area.

Click on image twice for larger view

I wish I could say I added some people in the shots for scale. The reality is there were soo many people there, it was almost impossible to get some shots without them. It's not too bad though it does add scale.

This last one is a crop (to get rid of the cars) behind a large snow bank in the parking lot , just liked the trees and the mountain in the background.

Views: 888
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just stunning... wow... I would never have known it was crawling with people. Very very inspiring Dave.
01-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What Tess said... Magnificent views. I hope to visit Banff one day; your pics have just strengthened my wish. Thank you for sharing.
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep 'em coming Dave....please!
Your sorta making me "homesick" looking at these and its fascinating to see these areas we visited with you & Jim in a different season....something we dont get where I live. Our "season" change only varies from warm & dry to hot &humid. Currently we are in the hot & humid phase and your shots are providing a much needed cooling effect.

PS: Neighbour coming over this evening and we are finalising our travel plans for May. Looks like its on buddy !!

Cheers
Grant

01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
what is exif data_?
01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This time of the year adds so much beauty to the Rockies, cold as heck I would imagine Dave, but I sure enjoy the view. Beautiful pics, great job for sure.
01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dave, very upset right now. Another great trip and I was left behind AGAIN! lol... Awesome photo's bud. JIM

01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dang, old buddy - these are truly breathtaking. I keep looking at 1 and 3 and wonder how you did it. You DA Man.

Jer
01-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Just stunning... wow... I would never have known it was crawling with people. Very very inspiring Dave.
Thanks Tess - indeed it's a ski resort , has a beautiful hotel right on the lake, there are a few skaing rinks carved out, a warm day and it was Christmas break.

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
What Tess said... Magnificent views. I hope to visit Banff one day; your pics have just strengthened my wish. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks causey - it offers a special view in all 4 seasons I don't think you would be dissapointed.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Keep 'em coming Dave....please!
Your sorta making me "homesick" looking at these and its fascinating to see these areas we visited with you & Jim in a different season....something we dont get where I live. Our "season" change only varies from warm & dry to hot &humid. Currently we are in the hot & humid phase and your shots are providing a much needed cooling effect.
PS: Neighbour coming over this evening and we are finalising our travel plans for May. Looks like its on buddy !!
Cheers
Grant
Thanks Grant , I have heard / seen that it is getting stupid hot down under. Very cool still hoping I can make it let me know when the dates are finailized

QuoteOriginally posted by ibanez130 Quote
what is exif data_?
I assume you mean the exif of each shot ? All were on a tripod, ISO 100 , usually stopped down (F10 or so) and 1/100 or faster shutter ...
01-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
This time of the year adds so much beauty to the Rockies, cold as heck I would imagine Dave, but I sure enjoy the view. Beautiful pics, great job for sure.
Thanks Bob was not that cold (for us anyway) appreciate your stopping to comment as always.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Dave, very upset right now. Another great trip and I was left behind AGAIN! lol... Awesome photo's bud. JIM
haha thanks Jim . We'll get out there , with the kids on their own now this was some rare time alone with my daughter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Dang, old buddy - these are truly breathtaking. I keep looking at 1 and 3 and wonder how you did it. You DA Man.
Jer
Thanks Jer - it was a combination of a few pops in the evening and lots of sleep