Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ow my hand
Lens: Macro Takumar 1:4/50MM Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Home ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F22 
Posted By: kain, 01-05-2013, 03:23 AM

Cycling home tonight, my bike tires got caught inside of some rail gauge and I toppled.

The flash washed out some of the color in the skinning, but I thought I'd share. ;p I took 5 or 6 shots, but shooting onehanded, the on-camera flash turned out best.

IMO however, the body, in close, has a beauty all its own.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 944
01-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Road rash .....I think most of us have experienced that feeling to some degree
01-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ouch is right I dropped my road bike front wheel into tram tracks about 10 years ago and took some skin off, so I know how it feels. Were you wearing gloves?

Richard.

01-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
No gloves this time, it was a short commute, but eeek.
01-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
At least that is nicer than the last body shots I saw. A girl had a series on her phone of the healing of a major skin graft, that was not healing properly. Since it was on her back she got the hospital nurses to photograph every change of dressings to inform her of progress.

Whatever you do in a car, wear seat belts!
01-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Ouch! My mum had a similar accident on her bike on the way home from work, brakes wouldn't work as she was going down a steep hill, she hit the curb and flew over, broke her wrist, and landed on her face. She's had to have a few surgeries on her face and needed a rod put in her wrist.

01-07-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kain Quote
No gloves this time, it was a short commute, but eeek.
I understand the eeek. The reason I asked about the gloves is, perhaps, a bit indelicate. But, heh, words of wisdom for bike riders, so here goes. Imagine that you have a crash and you put both hands down to save yourself. It's an automatic reaction. You can have a crash riding out of your driveway. No broken bones, but both of your hands have severe gravel rash and they need to be bandaged for a couple of weeks. Who amongst your friends are you going to invite to come round to your place to wipe your a** every time you need to ... ? Wearing gloves could avoid that embarrassment

Richard.