Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Fuji-san at sunset
Lens: DA 16-45 f4 Camera: K-5iis Photo Location: Hakone, Japan. 
Posted By: RobG, 01-05-2013, 08:42 PM

Mount Fuji at sunset, photographed from Owakudani in Hakone, a popular hot spring area. The correct title is Fuji-san (Mount Fuji, Chinese reading) not Fuji-yama (Mount Fuji, Japanese reading). If you turn a little to the left of Fuji-san... This is Ashinoko (Lake Ashi), nestled in the mountains of Hakone.

A few days later, I was able to get a photo of Mount Fuji with the ocean in front of it; an angle which I've never seen before. This was taken from the bridge to Enoshima.

Last edited by RobG; 01-06-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: an extra pic
Views: 1,062
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great shots Rob, what a beautiful sight that must be to see in person.
01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
great shots Rob, what a beautiful sight that must be to see in person.
Thanks Bob! It was awesome! Freezing cold though. Coming back to a heat wave in Oz after winter in Japan has been a shock.
01-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots of an iconic landmark Rob - cold eh ....come spend a few days here ha!

01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #5

Nice shots! I've passed through this part of Japan a few times, but I've never been lucky enough to get a clear sky like you have in these pictures. I'm told it's quite rare in the winter.

My personal favourite is the third shot with the sea in the foreground. As you said, I didn't even realise this angle was possible. I think the boat in the foreground also gives a nice reference point in terms of the size of the mountain.
01-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Man, Rob - these are terrific. I especially love the "layered look" of the first one.

Jer
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great shots of an iconic landmark Rob - cold eh ....come spend a few days here ha!
Thanks! I'd like to go back to winter, but alas - I have to work.

QuoteOriginally posted by akimbo_joe Quote
Nice shots! I've passed through this part of Japan a few times, but I've never been lucky enough to get a clear sky like you have in these pictures. I'm told it's quite rare in the winter. My personal favourite is the third shot with the sea in the foreground. As you said, I didn't even realise this angle was possible. I think the boat in the foreground also gives a nice reference point in terms of the size of the mountain.
Thanks Joe! I have other shots without boats in the foreground but I also preferred it for some added perspective. I visited Fujinomiya specifically to photograph Fujisan, but it rained. This was the day after, from much further away. I took the Shonan Monorail specifically for this photo.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, Rob - these are terrific. I especially love the "layered look" of the first one.
Thanks Jer! It's something which really helps a landscape shot.