Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Sneaky One...
Posted By: bluespearbone, 02-19-2008, 09:08 AM

On entering the Sistine Chapel, my head titled back so fast i think i heard something thud inside. As the hands were lifting the Pentax to the field of view, something obstructed the momentum.
Looking forward, a chap politely tells me that am not permtted to take photographs.
The chapel was full of folk, all looking upwards. Shuffled along, my place amongs them was assured. But as I stared up in wonder, something went click...

Kit lens @ 55mm (lucky, no chin included)
ISO 1600: 1/6 sec @ f5.6 (good performance from the Pentax Shake Reduction System)

Attachment 8613

Last edited by bluespearbone; 02-25-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Views: 1,312
02-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Sneaky, indeed. These idiots are going too far. First it was NO FLASH photography now, its none at all.

But of course, Post Cards ARE available in the gift shop and all over Rome. Thieves I say. Crooks in other words.

Back on topic...that is a beautiful capture.
02-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a very good "sneaky" capture. Too bad the shutter is so loud or you could take more this way.

As for the taking pictures part. I wish they wouldn't restrict this stuff so much as well but it's hard to control who shoots and how. I've read that bright light and flashes damage the pigment of these old works of art. So to say you can't use your auto P&S with flash but the SLR shooters without flash can fire away is hard to control.
02-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Guys. Struck lucky with that click. Makes for quite a decent desktop IMHO

02-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure you were not the only one "sneaky " in that group !

NIce shot .