Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

YouTube Video on Iceland
Posted By: Jimbo, 01-08-2013, 11:18 PM

I am putting together a presentation, along with the other two that I went to Iceland with last Sept. This is a draft of my presentation. We will do one each and then have prints available to look at. This is for family and friends. We are also looking at running some video clips from the trip into. We will be showing these on a wide screen TV so the resolution will be full HD for the final presentation. Warning, the video is just over 12 minutes long folks. Cheers JIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKms_fgdQA
Views: 1,602
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I acually have another version that was the final video. I have not posted up to YouTube yet. JIM

01-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gkc-IDswpM

This is the latest version of my ProGold video. Few changes in the photo's mostly. We are putting these together for friends and Family in Feb amd it was vert hard to keep it to 12 minutes, which is are goal. Appreciate your kind words. JIM
Thanks for the slide show. I am going there in march so looking for any angle. can you share your itinerary?
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Thanks for the slide show. I am going there in march so looking for any angle. can you share your itinerary?
That could be difficult. We spent 17 days in Iceland. We rented a 3/4 ton Ford and full size camper traveling and ended up travelling 3800 km. We were very happy with all the camp sites. Here are a few of my favorite places to visit,

The Jökulsár Lagoon: We ended up spending three days and night here. Just awesome for both day and night shooting.

Thingvellir National Park: the oldest parliament in Europe. We watched 5-6 scuba divers going thoprugh caves here. If you scuba dive set up with a local outfit to go here or just photograph

Gullfoss: Huge waterfall and a bit of a tourist trap but well worth it.

Ísafjörđur: located in the Western Fjords. We loved both the Western and Eastern Fjords. We hit is really great weather which helped

Skálholt: a lot of history on early Iceland

Akureyr: Icelands second largest city and a good base for visting the Fjords.

Snćfellsnes Peninsula: where they filmed Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Recommend you puchase this book, or as we called it Our Bible for the trip "Insight Guides: Iceland" Here is a link to one you can by on line. Insight Guides: Iceland

They talk about the Blue Lagoon. It was just ok for me.. Expensive and a real tourist trap!. Guess everyone shoulf try it once. Hope this helps. JIM
01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thanks that helps

01-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Absolutely mesmerized for 12 minutes - fantastic!
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Absolutely mesmerized for 12 minutes - fantastic!
Thank you. I have a completed copy I may post later. This was a draft for a presentation we are doing in Feb. JIM