Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Is that all you got?
Lens: DAL 55-300 Camera: K-r Photo Location: ZooMiami 
Posted By: OrchidJulie, 01-10-2013, 04:29 AM

Some "exotic wildlife" for Dave... although not native, peafowl have naturalized in south Florida. These guys were at the zoo, but there are large flocks of them all around the metro area. There's one less than a mile from my workplace, not unusual to dodge them in the road!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Views: 789
01-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow!
Typical male strutting - you know, my lens is better than your lens stuff.
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great shot, I hope she suitably impressed.
cheers
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So how did it work out for him?

01-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
LOL! actually that's Papa strutting for several of his own young male offspring, according to the aviary docent. The ladies (pea hens) have very dull plumage and I didn't see a single one nearby, just The Boys showing off (or trying to). The younger males don't have their full plumage yet, but they do practice strutting. The birds down the road from my workplace include a bunch of fully mature males. They do fly, believe it or not, but not all that well...a little "tail heavy", as they say. Have to dodge them sometimes when they are crossing the road.