Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
AN Optio WR kind of day
Lens: built in Camera: Optio W90 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada 
Posted By: normhead, 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM

Some days, the hassle of carrying a DSLR isn't worth it. Flat light, etc mean you aren't going to get excellent pictures but you can tell a story.

Tess didn't want me to come on the walk, she says I always want to go a different way. I had to promise to let her make all the decisions about which way to go. So I let her point the way...

Trudging through the snow

Deeper into the woods...

Some down trees,

A bear den, he came out for a little walk around a few days ago and left some tracks in the snow.

"Beach tree corner" is the turn off of the old school road that leads to our place. Dreamer is checking to make sure I'm not going by and continuing the walk on the other side of the corner.

Last edited by normhead; 01-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Views: 813
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
OK, OK, I know, you're all saying, the pictures are nice but, it's not enough, so without further adieu ... click on the picture to see the video.

Last edited by normhead; 01-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.
01-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes Norm, it is a beautiful scene. Very nice pics with the Optio, I think they are a great p/s and you proved it. TFS
01-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for commenting Bob.

01-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's been many a year since I've walked in a snowy woods - brings back some memories. A nice story, for sure.

Jer
01-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Nice snow scenes Norm.It's getting close to Feb. and we've had less than 5" of snow all season.--charliezap
01-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sailor, if you haven't seen snow for a while....you should come north for a winter. It's only fair. All those Canadians go south for the winter. Think of all those empty homes waiting fro someone to keep them company for a few weeks.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice snow scenes Norm.It's getting close to Feb. and we've had less than 5" of snow all season.--charliezap
It's all melting today Charlie, but we had 18 inches on the ground. Now it's starting to look like a down south kind of winter. Foggy and wet. We hate that.

01-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
haha nice way to spend some time Norm. I love the video and the dogs hanging thinking come on let's get on with it !!
01-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
haha nice way to spend some time Norm. I love the video and the dogs hanging thinking come on let's get on with it !!
Ya Dave the dogs are like "Do you not see me pointing at this ball? There is a ball here, and nobody is throwing it for us. Why are you fussing around with birch bark when there's a ball here? Maybe if I jump on this ball they'll notice it. You humans seriously need to get your priorities in order."

They took that huge deflated basketball for most of the walk. When Kenzie got tired of it, Tripper picked it up. They must get tired carrying something like that in their mouths. But they have to have it. They used to have a football that was a lot smaller, but it's lost in the woods. They'll find it some day.