Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
It was a dark, and stormy night........
Lens: DA40 Limited Camera: K-01 Photo Location: at home ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Docrwm, 01-11-2013, 05:31 PM

Views: 2,770
01-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice use of DOF.
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ah...you got me in the mood!

I went to the source to get mine!

01-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Ah...you got me in the mood!

I went to the source to get mine!

What is that foreign substance behind and to the left of the Whisky?

01-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Your photography is great! You've touched on a weakness of mine...single malt whisky. Visited this lowland distillery a million years ago, only have one Signature bottle left. Drank the original bottle years ago! The appreciation of single malts in akin to the appreciation of wines! Whisky is better, IMO!

Not many people know about this one!

01-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Your photography is great! You've touched on a weakness of mine...single malt whisky. Visited this lowland distillery a million years ago, only have one Signature bottle left. Drank the original bottle years ago! The appreciation of single malts in akin to the appreciation of wines! Whisky is better, IMO!

Not many people know about this one!

Lovely photo. Ah, Glenturret . The Horsh, in Crieff - owned these days by Highland Distillers. Nice little, hidden, location - good for making an extra batch without HM's Revenue & Customs needing to know about.
A small place with 1 still as I recall.

Yes, I know about Glenturret distillery - and other distilleries.
Attached Images

01-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glorious collection you have there Doc. Nothing better on thisearth than a good malt.
I dont mind adding water to a couple of Cardhu's higher proofs, it brings out a whole different world of flavour.

01-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Lovely photo. Ah, Glenturret . The Horsh, in Crieff - owned these days by Highland Distillers. Nice little, hidden, location - good for making an extra batch without HM's Revenue & Customs needing to know about.
A small place with 1 still as I recall.

Yes, I know about Glenturret distillery - and other distilleries.
That's the one! They had a famous cat at the time we visited! Reportedly the cat held the Scottish record for mouse kills?

Wow! Your inventory puts me to shame! Afraid my liver couldn't stand a collection such as yours. Think there's one bottle of Talisker, and one of Famous Grouse in my cabinet! Over the years I've just about sampled most!

The Misses and me, in the last century (1995), at Glenturret! It was an easy drive from Edinburgh which made for a nice day outing! Food was passable, great whisky, very friendly and best of all - NO CROWDS!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:45 PM.
01-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's the one! They had a famous cat at the time we visited! Reportedly the cat held the Scottish record for mouse kills?

Wow! Your inventory puts me to shame! Afraid my liver couldn't stand a collection such as yours. Think there's one bottle of Talisker, and one of Famous Grouse in my cabinet! Over the years I've just about sampled most!

The Misses and me, in the last century (1995), at Glenturret! It was an easy drive from Edinburgh which made for a nice day outing! Food was passable, great whisky, very friendly and best of all - NO CROWDS!

Picked up this pitcher on the Isle of Skye! Nice keep sake!

Sounds like a lovely outing. I like the shot of the two of you in front of the still. The little distilleries have such character, its a shame so many have died over the decades.

I'm not much of a drinker, truth be told, but I do like a Single now and again. Over the years I have collected a fair sized collection. Many were gifts. I just seem to keep falling further and further behind with the whisky.
01-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I have a wee dram most evenings, along with my other vice - cigars! One stogy and a nip to end the day is it for me! I do enjoy the single malts and a vatted malts! In my old age I've stopped experimenting and pretty much stick to what pleases me! Looking at you wonderful collection there's only a few labels I haven't tried at one time! Did you ever try "Sheep Dip"? It's actually quite good for a vatted malt with a horrid name!

We lived in Edinburgh for a while and that was a grand experience! Still have life long friends there. We don't visit each other any more....we're all in the advancing stages of decay! Memories........

Last edited by WillH; 01-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have a wee dram most evenings, along with my other vice - cigars! One stogy and a nip to end the day is it for me! I do enjoy the single malts and a vatted malts! In my old age I've stopped experimenting and pretty much stick to what pleases me! Looking at you wonderful collection there's only a few labels I haven't tried at one time! Did you ever try "Sheep Dip"? It's actually quite good for a vatted malt with a horrid name!

We lived in Edinburgh for a while and that was a grand experience! Still have life long friends there. We don't visit each other any more....we're all in the advancing stages of decay! Memories........
I have tried Sheep Dip. Vatteds are an area that I never went in for much. At one point I was in search of the products of dead distilleries. My fondest discover was of some Dallas Dhu at a small shop, collecting dust, and marked with a price from 15 years prior. I also found two bottles of 1964 Aberlour in presentation wooden cases, along with brass keys and a narrative inside the case about the year 1964, that had been marked down 75%. Prowling out of the way liquor stores, what a weird way to have spent time. Nonetheless, I have a goodly selection. Tonight it was Glenfarclas 12. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
01-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I have tried Sheep Dip. Vatteds are an area that I never went in for much. At one point I was in search of the products of dead distilleries. My fondest discover was of some Dallas Dhu at a small shop, collecting dust, and marked with a price from 15 years prior. I also found two bottles of 1964 Aberlour in presentation wooden cases, along with brass keys and a narrative inside the case about the year 1964, that had been marked down 75%. Prowling out of the way liquor stores, what a weird way to have spent time. Nonetheless, I have a goodly selection. Tonight it was Glenfarclas 12. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
I sure enjoyed your photography and the work of the others in your thread! It's a subject I have been enjoying for years! Nice to see others enjoying photography and fine whisky! LaurenOE's picture is very nicely done too! Very nice indeed!
01-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The appreciation of single malts in akin to the appreciation of wines! Whisky is better, IMO!
I have never acquired the taste for whisky nor whiskey. I've always found it to be undrinkable, I think methylated spirits may taste better,

Red wines, however......

Regrettably, not my winery.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist D  Photo 

Last edited by p38arover; 10-24-2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Reduced file size
01-12-2013, 02:57 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is now the "whiskey thread"!!!
01-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Sorry to go off thread. Dark and Stormy, Bundaberg rum and ginger beer, yum.