Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Ok, Still not Through with Iceland
Lens: 24-70 Photo Location: Iceland ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Jimbo, 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM

I am in my third look through my 9100 images [still only deleted aone 100. Can't seem to let them go. Thank god for cheap storage] Here are some of my latest images from one fantastic trip.

Softened Flow

I have shown this spot in the past but not this image.

Against the Peak

Remote

On TheRoad in Iceland

Views: 1,468
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would be very happy with any of these shots, they are all great.
01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I would be very happy with any of these shots, they are all great
Thank you. One more for the hell of it. Way down there is our truck and camper. JIM

01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

All good, but that second one is fantastic. Wish I could have got a shot like that one.

01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you created a book or calendar I would buy it ;-) great work as Usual thanks for sharing.
01-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a wonderful place, but I have a feeling this is not just a chronicle of casual up close encounters. You have inspired me to go and see things. Every set makes that feeling more.
01-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #7

Very nice! I can't seem to get enough of the waterfall by Church mountain (sorry not good with Icelandic names) I went there every sunrise and sunset when I was in Snafellsness. Certainly one of the best ones imo. The 2nd one may look better with a slower shutter speed around 5-10secs if you got the right ND.

01-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can keep them coming Jim. The first one creates the image of power.
01-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like the second one, Jim. Great composition.

Jer
01-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I can imagine it will be years before you stop looking and tweaking these my friend. A calander is a nice way to remember them. Last couple of years I have done one and given them away as x-mas presents to family. Oh and the shots are simply outstanding.
01-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This trip must have been a fantastic experience Jim. Lots of great shots that make me want to go there myself.
Thanks for sharing.
01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Great shots
01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
If you created a book or calendar I would buy it ;-) great work as Usual thanks for sharing.
Thank you. I may take you up on that. I am planning a table top this year on Iceland. Appreciate your kind words. JIM

QuoteQuote:
What a wonderful place, but I have a feeling this is not just a chronicle of casual up close encounters. You have inspired me to go and see things. Every set makes that feeling more

I would highly recommend putting Iceland on your bucket list! JIM

QuoteQuote:
Very nice! I can't seem to get enough of the waterfall by Church mountain (sorry not good with Icelandic names) I went there every sunrise and sunset when I was in Snafellsness. Certainly one of the best ones imo. The 2nd one may look better with a slower shutter speed around 5-10secs if you got the right ND.
The problem with going 10 seconds, at this location, was water spray on the front of the lens. These are about 1/2 second. Needed a slightly different len set up to get further back but had limited light and time. I don't know how many times I have told myself, "if I could only go back and re-shoot here" THank you. JIM

QuoteQuote:
You can keep them coming Jim. The first one creates the image of power.
Tough shot. I wasted about 20 images due to watewr spray on the front of the lens. JIM

QuoteQuote:
really like the second one, Jim. Great composition.

Jer
Thanks Jer. I lost so many great shots here due to water on the front of my lens. JIM

QuoteQuote:
I can imagine it will be years before you stop looking and tweaking these my friend. A calander is a nice way to remember them. Last couple of years I have done one and given them away as x-mas presents to family. Oh and the shots are simply outstanding
Thanks Bud. I was planning on one but time ran out. Will have one ready for you in 2014. JIM

QuoteQuote:
This trip must have been a fantastic experience Jim. Lots of great shots that make me want to go there myself.
Thanks for sharing
Your welcome. JIM
01-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Great shots
THank you for taking the time to comment. JIM
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote

The problem with going 10 seconds, at this location, was water spray on the front of the lens. These are about 1/2 second. Needed a slightly different len set up to get further back but had limited light and time. I don't know how many times I have told myself, "if I could only go back and re-shoot here" THank you. JIM

Hmm, it was probably a really windy day then. I was there shooting 20 sec exposures and the water never sprayed on my lens and I was down close to the fall with a wide angle too. the biggest problem with water spray is behind Seljalandsfoss. It's like raining behind the falls...