Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
From my churro "photoshoot"
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Camera: K-x Photo Location: Olvera St., Downtown Los Angeles 
Posted By: mamba909, 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM

Funny thing happened to me yesterday.

"Excuse me! Do you have a permit?" asked the security guard as I took a picture of my churros.
"For...?"
"You need a permit to do a photoshoot here."
"To take pictures of my churros?"
"The office is open from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., Monday through Friday."

I chuckled a little right after that exchange, wondering to myself if that really just happened. For those of you wondering, my pro setup consisted of my navy blue K-x, the 40mm Ltd, and a blue rubber band around the grip to keep my K-x's battery door completely closed (battle damage from a couple of years ago).

Crappy shot, I know. I just wanted to share my experience.
Views: 713
01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's crazy. I've done street shooting at OS and no one ever hassled me.
01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Right? I have no idea why she singled me out, especially for that instance. Anyways, I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.
01-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ahhh welcome to the new age ..... nice shot. (did you get your permit ?)

01-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks! Nah, not yet, but I wonder how the office clerks would react to me getting a permit to take pictures of churros. =o)
01-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is this permit thing just for Olveira Street? I've taken plenty of pictures in downtown LA and have never once been stopped by anyone asking for a permit!?
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Is this permit thing just for Olveira Street? I've taken plenty of pictures in downtown LA and have never once been stopped by anyone asking for a permit!?
In this particular case, I'm sure it's just for Olvera St. I assume the permit is just for photoshoots with models or other types of professional shoots. I have never seen anybody else with a camera hassled. In fact, the only other time I've been stopped at Olvera St. was when I tried to take a picture of a blessing ceremony during a Dia de los Muertos event.