Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Secret Rock Collection
Lens: Super Tak 50mm & FA 70-200mm Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Carbon Canyon regional park ISO: 400 
Posted By: northofpolaris, 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM

I took my daughter out on a hike for the first time a few days ago. She seemed to really enjoy it and was spreading bird seed around hoping some would show up on our way back out of the loop. Kids like playing with sticks for some reason and she grabbed one and started digging rocks out of the trail. She asked me to help too and I figured the K-7 is weather sealed and so was my bag, so, why not? We went off the trail to trek around in the bushes and she decided to hide the rocks someplace since she didn't want to carry them the whole time and figures we can steadily add to it as time goes on. We dub it the "Secret Rock Stash". She had me take a picture of it so we'd remember where it was and we covered it with a piece of bark AND a leaf. Tight security. On the way out of the park we spotted a stump with someone else's rock collection.

Cute story... to me at least as her dad. I'm not winning any contests or getting on any postcards but I thought it was neat so I thought I'd share.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo   

Views: 707
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by northofpolaris Quote
Cute story... to me at least as her dad. I'm not winning any contests or getting on any postcards but I thought it was neat so I thought I'd share.
Very cute.
I enjoy being reminded of the whimsy and innocence of childhood.
Thanks for sharing that.
01-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a lovely story, your daughter will always remember this and I bet she does it with her children also. Thanks for sharing. Bob
02-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, she always offers me a good pick me up after I've been toiling away with grown up problems haha. She reminds me of how to relax and just enjoy myself once in awhile.

02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
Den
Veteran Member

Cute indeed.