Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Reykjavik 1
Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Reykjavik 
Posted By: emalvick, 01-14-2013, 08:06 PM

My wife and I went to Iceland from September 14-28 in 2012, and I am just getting around to sharing some photos from the trip. I'm starting with what I consider the duller ones (I haven't had the creativity that Gerry has shown with his photos of Reykjavik).

These photos are mostly just some views of the city streets in the downtown area. There isn't a whole lot terribly special, but you can get a feel for how colorful things can be.

The following image was a skate park located close to the water-front / bay-side

A look up towards Hallgrímskirkja, a big Lutheran Church and the tallest building in Iceland.

An interesting house and adjacent building that was near our hotel.

A city street with some typical Reykjavik color. I wish the cars weren't there, but it was actually quite surprising just how many cars were around the city. (I actually notice that this image was taken with my wife's P&S Nikon). I guess I liked the photo enough to upload but not enough to have taken it myself.

This will be all for this post. I could probably overwhelm everyone for a while with Iceland photos. I'll try to mix things up a little bit from what others have posted, but I'm not sure how well I'll keep to that promise.
Views: 882
01-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great! Keep them coming! (And thanks for the compliment! )

It's nice to see these through another eye. I remember exactly where #2 and #4 were taken (I have the same shots almost), and I think I got that green building in the last as well but not sure.
01-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Indeed I feel I know the place nice series.
01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Great! Keep them coming! (And thanks for the compliment! )

It's nice to see these through another eye. I remember exactly where #2 and #4 were taken (I have the same shots almost), and I think I got that green building in the last as well but not sure.
Thanks Jerry,

Yes, it turns out the downtown really isn't all that big. I think we walked it over a few times. I'll post up a few more of Reykjavik later. The green building is what I think of as typical in terms of color. It didn't seem unusual to see buildings of various colors like that. I took a few from atop the church that really show how colorful the city is.

The #1 and #4 were just about the same spot just 180-deg from each other. That skate park was a bit crazy and odd. It begged to be photographed, but I never felt like I got the ideal composition for it. I probably needed by 10 mm there. Inspired by your shots, I'll have to play around with some HDR and Tonemapping to see what I can bring out of some of the shots that feel a bit dull for me. The city seemed a lot more beautiful than the camera was able to capture. Then again, cityscapes aren't really my thing either.

01-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Indeed I feel I know the place nice series.
Thanks... Yes, I supposed given the influx of trips there I could have skipped the trip and just enjoyed the photos .

Just kidding... Half the fun was being there. I won't need photos to remember this trip, although they'll help.