Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Fall on the Umpqua
Posted By: Bob Harris, 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM

from our travels to Sutherlin Oregon, fall was in the air and we were able to enjoy the changing colors of the leaves on the Umpqua River

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 

Views: 856
01-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
thanks Trev, you must live in some type of a desert terrain? Our areas are the same way, you don't see much of a change in Joshua trees, greasewoods and cactus. You do notice the cold temperatures though that come in.
It's also the fact that Australia doesn't have deciduous trees - except for foreign imports - so we just don't get a change in colours. Our trees are evergreen, mostly eucalypts. (I really noticed the smell of the Australian eucalypts when I got near Bodega Bay, CA, on the way down from OR to SFO.)

Having said that, I love the colours in the pics.

01-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Goodness Bob!! What a beautiful set! The second is otherworldly! The wonderful colors and amazing reflection just blow my mind! Excellent work.
01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote
Lovely!
thank you, glad you enjoyed the views from Oregon.
01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
No sub tropical, just what Queensland is like. Darwin in the top end has two seasons too. It's hot and wet in summer and hot and dry in winter, if it doesn't rain. Yeah Australia is a bit wierd.
thanks Trev, looks like "hot" is a constant, which to me is a good thing, hate the cold.

01-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
It's also the fact that Australia doesn't have deciduous trees - except for foreign imports - so we just don't get a change in colours. Our trees are evergreen, mostly eucalypts. (I really noticed the smell of the Australian eucalypts when I got near Bodega Bay, CA, on the way down from OR to SFO.)

Having said that, I love the colours in the pics.
I know what you are talking about concerning the eucalyptus trees, they do have a pleasant smell to them. Thanks for the information
01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Goodness Bob!! What a beautiful set! The second is otherworldly! The wonderful colors and amazing reflection just blow my mind! Excellent work.
thank you for the kind words Lori, the day was overcast and gave a special feel to the area if that makes sense. Thanks for looking and will be watching for your photos. Bob